LUV: Validate

[part three]

Cobe had left the loft to pick up some items for dinner since everybody was still over. While on the frozen foods aisle at the back of the store, he noticed a familiar frame on the other end.

A seductive smile came across Mohammed's neatly shaved face and his tongue danced about his bottom lip before he approached Cobe. "Where you been?" Mo wrapped his arm around Cobe's shoulder in a cordial side hug. He looked down at the shorter man, appreciating the visibility of the shape of his ass in the joggers Cobe had on.

Instead of responding, Cobe kept his eyes on the frozen vegetables in the refrigerator, praying that Mo would just go away.

"So we not speaking now?" Mo asked, visibly hurt at the dismissal of his presence. He reached into the fridge and grabbed a few bags of frozen spinach still taking in the sight of Cobe. "You know I aint messin' wit my boy if that's what you thinkin'. I just aint wanna stop what we had goin' on." He scratched his forehead, looking around to see if anyone else was in the aisle. "I swear, Kwabe."

He stood before him, watching his demeanor trying to figure out what he had done to deserve this cold shoulder.

"And at yo homie house... I wasn't gone do nun forreal. I was just playing around... You already know I could never actually kill somebody." He whispered the last part, looking around again. He grabbed his shoulder.

Cobe turned around, "the fuck do you want?"

"You."

"You too fucking old for this childish ass shit."

"I'm only a year older than that Black nigga you love so much." Mo glared at him, catching Cobe off guard with the random mention of him.

"How you know how old he is?"

"It ain't ever bothered you before. I always been this exact same amount of years older than you. Now I'm too old?."

"How you know?"

"When you got enemies, you learn shit about them. You always cookin' up some wild ass conspiracies. Kwabe, you literally the only dude I ever been with, why you keep askin' me shit about these other nigga's?" Mo said, a little too defensively.

"I didn't."

"You just aksed me if I got a thing with Black."

"I only asked you how you knew his age, but I guess a guilty conscience will hear what it wants."

"The fuck am I guilty of?"

"You tell me."

Mo spread his lips into a smile like expression, but the look in his eyes read anger and maybe fear. 

Cobe's phone started ringing in his hand. 'Saved by the bell' he thought, looking back towards Mo. "I gotta answer this."

He looked offended. "That's yo new nigga?" He looked around before stepping closer to Cobe. "Every time I turn around, it's a new nigga." He said, softening his voice.

He leaned over Cobe, instinctively Cobe's face went up to match Mohammed's gaze. "Why can't it just be me and you?" He leaned down and placed his lips on Cobe's, much softer than he ever had before.

Cobe's heart stopped and everything melted away. When Mo pulled away, the phone wasn't ringing anymore and Cobe's heart was beating fast at the realization that he was still in the grocery store, in public, and people had saw.

He looked around frantically, but what surprised him the most, was that Mo was unfazed by the onlookers. "I want you, Kwabe. Only you." He said, still standing over Cobe.