Out My Mind, Just In Time : part two

July 17
2:49 am

Cole

I got off the elevator in my floor and saw someone sitting beside my door. I walked slowly towards my apartment very cautiously being that crazy ass shit be happening at three in the morning. The closer I got, I recognized the style of dress — the folded up knitted hat, the wife beater... the cigarette behind his ear— and concluded it might be Kwabena's ex nigga slash Dame's big brother, aka my replacement, Lonnie. I rolled my eyes and let out a long breath not in the mood to be bothered by anyone. He looked up at me and started to rise from his seated position on the ground as I grew closer to my door. I looked him over but turned my attention to the door after noticing he still was watching me.

"Whatchu doing here? It's late as hell."

"I just wanna talk."

"About what? Dame ain't here."

"Can I come in?" I nodded my head toward the door after unlocking it and Lonnie followed me in. "So what's good? Three in the morning is always a weird time for me."

"It's the only time I could get out without Jah being on my ass. Nigga think imma get killed if I'm out his sight for one second." He explained. I just looked at him like 'okay, and?'.  He followed behind me to the kitchen. I washed my hands in the kitchen sink while he leaned up against the counter beside me. He was watching me until he began to talk. I guess he knew I'd be uninterested in what was coming next.

"I haven't been able to talk to Cobe... or see him -"

"He don't want you to do that anyway." I cut him off, not wanting to be coerced into feeling sorry for this nigga after the way he left my homie. We ain't cool.

"We got a problem or sumn?" He asked me. I just looked at him trying to find his motives. Don't he know what kinda shit he caused around here? I guess it's impossible for him to know that I was in the room when he told Cobe to leave him alone. I guess it's also impossible for him to know how tore up Cobe was and still is about it. I guess it's also impossible for him to know that me and Cobe stopped talking for almost six months because of him. It's weird as hell for him to be coming around, right?

"why you here instead of Dame house?" I questioned him, thinking he'd rather be with his brother who he hasn't seen since childhood. But nah, he's over here disturbing my peace.

"Do I have to have a reason to come chill witchu?"

"At three o fucking clock in the morning, yes. It's the witching hour... ion trust that shit."

Lonnie scratched the crown of his head through his hat and looked around with his head down. His eyes found me again and he decided to finally answer my simple ass question.

"I'm Just tired of the same people every day." He huffed and started to count off his fingers. "It's just my daddy and Jah, niggas that work for my pops, niggas who work for Jah, then it's Cobe... who I'm not even allowed to be around no more... so you the only non family non affiliated nigga I know. So get used to having me around, bruh."

I decided not to debate him on what he said because I'm lowkey in the same boat. Ion really trust nobody... so ion have too many friends outside of my brothers and Cobe's cousins. I got my baby Jemaika too, whom I haven't seen since I left the house with Dame and Cobe that day. I mean we talk on the phone ALOT... but something feels different about us now... anyway...Everybody else is just acquaintances... but I still don't really fuck with them niggas either. I gathered my snacks and a drink in preparation to watch a lil movie before I go to bed, which I won't be able to do until this random ass nigga decides to leave. I don't mind his company though.