10. puff daddy

[Makaveli, 21]

[black pov]It's not supposed to be hard for people to feel you but for me it always has been an issue; being misunderstood

[black pov]
It's not supposed to be hard for people to feel you but for me it always has been an issue; being misunderstood. I learned to live with it though. Never get too attached because niggas switch up when they find you to be different than they assumed. Only a handful ever got me. One being my brother Makaveli. He's a youngin', but he always knows what's real. When I don't got nobody else, I go to him; even though he's locked up it sometimes feels like he's the most present in my life.

He supposed to be getting out this week. He been locked up since he was seventeen. He's twenty-one now. But, he got into a fight. I know he was set up. I know he knew it was a set up but that nigga can never back down from a fight even for his own good. That's how his ass got up in that hell hole in the first place.

"It's gone go by quick." I mumbled on the other end of the table. He shook his head, discouraged.

"Three more fucking years, Black." He balled his lips up and looked away. He sighed, "How momma doing? I know she mad."

I shrugged, "I haven't seen her. I been tryna keep my distance from everybody."

"Why?"

"It just ain't cool right now. Me and daddy ain't talking. You know how that go. Everybody follow him."

Mak nodded his head, understanding. "Well, don't go too far King. You know family is everything."

"Yeah, I know."

"What about this new dude you was telling me about?"

"He aight. We might be over though. He realized what I do and shit. Ran away from me like I was gone do something to him. That shit hurt me for real. I don't even know if i'm supposed to be mad or what. I didn't think he would react like that."

"Damn. Maybe just give him a minute? Let him process and whatnot."

"Nigga got a girlfriend though so it don't even matter."

"Then what are you even doing Black?"

Lonnie gave Makaveli a look that his brother immediately understood as 'naw, nigga i'm in love.' Maki tilted his head empathetically. "Oh it's like that?"

Lonnie let out a heavy breath through his nose.

"Just talk to him then." His brother offered.

"I don't know. He's the emotional type."

"He's sensitive? He should understand you then. Just try to talk to him. I think it would help."

"Im just tired of talking Maki. I want somebody to just get me. Just have me. You feel me? That shit crazy. Like i'm just me. What the Fuck else do buddy want?" Lonnie exclaimed, getting frustrated all over again.

"Exactly." Mak agreed.

"I asked him about the tattoo. Remember I was telling you my idea?"

He nodded.