INITIATION

February 7
Friday 2:22a

Party
Cole

"Aye so me and Cecil 'bout to dip."

"Damn for real? The fuck yal going? Back to the hotel?"

"Nah. But I'll see yal back at the room later on C."

We dapped and Dame went off to find Cecil. I watched him until he disappeared into the sea of people. I looked over to see Cobe dancing with this fine ass girl. He was holding her hips while she was whining all in his dick. I thought he said he was gay... but he is drunk so I guess it doesn't count. I waited til he was done with her before I approached him.

"Aye, I'm not really feeling this shit no more Cobe. You wanna head out? I'm hungry as hell."

"Damn C what mood you in then if it ain't one to party?"

I just looked at him with a blank stare. I honestly wanna go all the way home nigga.. I'm still kinda pissed about how everything has happened. It's been a trash ass last few days actually and I haven't had a moment to my self in almost a week. I need some shit to calm my nerves.

"I'm saying tho, the night is young baby. Don't tell me you ready for bed?" He looked at me with a smirk. This nigga is unbelievable. Let's Gooooo!!! Is what I wanted to yell at him, but I'm not one to make a scene.

"I ain't tryna go to bed... I just wanna get the fuck out of here." I waved my arms referring to the party we were at. It's too much going on in this small ass house and it's hot as hell in here.

"So u wanna smoke with me? I just got some fresh shit from Sha."

"From Sha? You bought it from him or he gave it to you?" I asked confused as to how Shahid is out here passing out loud. I'm starring him dead in his face and he's got that look on his face again. That look he always gets when we make eye contact, well recently at least. I don't know, but it makes me feel some kind of way.

"Yeah I got it from him." I just look at him some more because he still not answering the damn question I asked, but it's whatever. I put my hand out for the keys but this nigga is playing around.

"You not driving my baby" he says with his brows furrowed, he's trying to be serious but this nigga is a silly ass drunk.

I go into his pants pocket and dig around for the keys. He snickers and I look up at him.

"What you tryna find in there baby?" He asks me grinning. He looks down at his crotch and I hurry up and remove my hand with the keys. This shit is weird for me. I'm feeling shit I've never felt before. I try my best to ignore his flirting and motion for him to follow me to the car.

•••

Dame

Cecil and I were told to come thru to the basement of the gym. That shit was all the way across campus. It took us at least fifteen minutes to walk over there from the frat house where the party was at. While we trekked across campus, Cecil decided to share with me what was on his mind.

"My bad bro.... about earlier. You know I had issues with my pops man. He provided for us, yeah but that nigga was a snake. Him having a whole other family across town did not only affect my mother. I really felt like he had abandoned me for something better you know."

"I hear you C. But don't think too much on the shit I say man. I ain't even got a father, you was right. I was outta line. That's a subject I have no business putting my two cents in."

The walk was quiet after that. I watched him occasionally. Something about the conversation felt unfinished. His head was down and his eyes were watching his steps but I could tell that he was deep in thought about something.