que lio: the remix (ft. kwabena):

Through flashing red and blue and yellow lights, Cobe can make out two male figures in a kitchen at a house party. The scene has gone bad and everyone is fighting and throwing drinks and things, but for some reason Cobe is able to walk through it all. It's not until he gets closer to the doorway of the kitchen that he realizes the other side of the kitchen is on fire. The two male figures are still in the kitchen kissing. He continued walking closer and closer until he is right up on them close enough to see their faces and suddenly the fire turns into an explosion, the two figures begin dissolving like sugar does in water and the floor crumbles beneath Cobe's feet.

He closes his eyes to brace himself, but when he doesn't feel himself falling, he opens his eyes. Now he's in a completely different house. He's in the kitchen. There's a man standing at the sink and the water is running. The figure is saying something to Cobe but he doesn't understand the language. The man, irritated with Cobe's non-compliance, turns around and starts hitting him in the chest and in the face. This time speaking clear English he yells, " Your dumbass, I told you to...." the man was cut off by a woman walking into the room.

Cobe closes his eyes to catch his breath. When he reopens them, his location has changed again. This time he's in his childhood bedroom. He hears commotion outside his window so he goes to peek and he sees a man pull out a gun on another man, the gun fires and he hears glass shatter and something heavy drop to the floor in the next room. He runs over and sees a woman laying there with a hole in her head and blood all over the wall behind her and all over the floor. His eyes fill up with tears. He begins to scream the woman's name, but when he tries to, his voice goes mute. No one can hear him screaming.

Cobe forces himself out of the nightmare afraid of what could happen next. He lies there with his eyes open, unwilling to close them ever again. His chest is heaving and his clothes are soaked in sweat. Looking around the room he finally realizes that he isn't home. Rewinding the events of last night in his mind, he remembered why. Still sweating from the horrific dream, he finds his phone in his discarded pants on the floor beside the bed. He unlocks it to read a message from an unknown number.

Message from unknown
9:21am

unknown
Yo, why u ain't come over last night?

—Kwabena—
I decided to stay in

Unknown
I swung by ya pops
place to check on u,
yo truck wasn't there 🧐

—Kwabena—
Chill nigga, u dont check
for me no mo remember

Unknown
Fuck that shit

—Kwabena—
Don't call me no more,
lose my number

unknown
Cobe

—kwabena—
No! FUCK YOU MO

Unknown
Bby

—Kwabena—
Blocked

"Ugh, this nigga is nuts..." I exhaled loudly at the foolishness in the texts he just received from Mohammed. Me and him been on and off for the last four years.

Like usual, we'd gotten into it and are not on good terms again. The last time we'd 'broken up' we were apart for almost two months. I always go back to him tho cuz I won't just fuck with just any nigga... I'm not trying to get exposed. You can't trust nobody for real. But after the stunt he pulled the other night, I might just leave him alone for real this time. He crossed the line.