11. crissed crossed energy

[jill, 24]

[jill, 24]

*note: time moves so slow in listen land. also, does anyone ever actually shut up & listen???

same day

[cole]
I watched my nephew gather his things after our shopping spree at the game store. "You got it nephew?" I asked to which he nodded and ran to the elevator. I watched until the doors closed behind him and waited for the text that he was in the loft with his parents. Once I did, I still didn't move. I was too filled with information from this talk with Puff who prefers to be called Cassius in private. Everyday I learn something new about my boy. Things I wish I knew when he was alive. I woulda loved to hear about his daddy way back when; all this shit would've made a lot more sense to me. But shit, I gotta tell somebody.

I was going to call Lonnie's burner but then I remembered what happened earlier today; he admitted that he killed somebody. But, that somebody happened to be Mo. Which is honestly understandable. That nigga was a menace. He was bad for Cobe. That being said, I'm tempted to give him a pass and apologize. Killing somebody though; if he did it once, even if the nigga deserved it— he could do it again. I gotta marinate in that for a minute before I make any moves on that situation.

I for damn sure cannot talk to Jemaika about Cobe and his dad. She ain't like him at all. I think she might've actually hated Cobe.

But, Jill, however weird, loved Cobe. She claim she wanna be in my life again; at the top of my call list again. I guess I can give her a try. At least she ain't judgy or a snitch or a murderer.

As the phone rang I suddenly remembered, "Damn, she is a liar though." I said out loud and I know she heard me because her facial expression was of mild confusion and mumbled, "Hey?"

"What's up?" I asked casually.

"Um. Well, nothing much. Just packing up some things for my sis. A little bit of protection or whatever." She sighed. Putting the phone up against something as she moved away. "Why? What's up with you?"

"I just had a conversation with Cobe's dad."

"Oh, Oz? How's he doing?"

"He cool. You know how he be. But, not him. Cobe's real dad."

She stopped what she was doing and looked at the screen. "Where the fuck you see his real dad at? I thought he ain't know him or maybe he was dead or in jail or something. He never talked about a dad other than Oz."

I was nodding along as she spoke. "Exactly, right?! But, I went to check on Oz today and he was there. So, I got him alone and we had a little chat. And by a little chat, I mean a couple hours long. He told me everything. Like everything everything. You know I'm just having a hard time not spilling."

"Then why you call me if you ain't gone tell me nothing?"

"Can I come over? I don't wanna talk over the phone. I don't know how serious or classified this shit is. But, I feel like you're one of the only people who loved Cobe that ain't mad at me right now. And I need to tell somebody."