22. Interruption

A/n:
Y'all seen that eclipse today? 🌞
Where were u when it happened? Was it all the way dark or just like dusk?
I'm in Detroit & it literally only got dark enough for the street lights to come on 🙄

Ch.22 : interruption

____________________________

"Yo, if you can fall in love you can fall outta love."

- the miseducation classroom

[kwabena 'cobe' moor, 23]

December 02

"Hundreds gather in front of Cass Technical High School  for the candle light vigil in remembrance of Kwabena Moor; 23 year old beloved Cass Alumni who was gunned down near his home nearly half a year ago." The news reporter began, "Amongst the crowd are family member, friends, students and mentors of young man who was a light in his community. A coach, a mentor , best friend, brother and son.  Joining us now is the father of the deceased. Legendary and world renowned Jazz musician Osborne Haygood. Sir, how does it feel to know how loved and admired your son was?"

"Oh, it's not a shock to me at all. Kwabena was never a hard person to love. Love loved Kwabena. Love followed him around like a lost puppy.  It's amazing to me though— seeing all these people gathered in his name after so much time has passed. My fear, I must admit, was that i'd be the only one left grieving after the statue of limitations were up." He chuckled, "But, as you can see— I am not." Oz nodded his head, looking around at the large crowd which was growing every second. "It kind of makes me feel more loved and more love to know that I am not alone in the admiration and remembrance of my only child."

"And how are you holding up? Do you truly believe there's a statue of limitations on grief?"

"There should be!" He joked, "But, you know, I'm a grieving man— I've grieved all of my life. This one, however, my baby boy," he hummed, staring into the ground, "Um," he blew out some air and smiled, "I don't know how i'll manage."

"Thank you for talking with me sir." The reporter looked Oz in the eye, "May you find peace in your sorrow." They nodded and Oz reached out for a hug which she happily leaned into.

"Do you think they serving food?" Cole walked up behind Oz who was wiping the corners of his eyes. "Oh, my bad. You aight?" He asked, draping his arm over the elder's back.

"I'd be better if I had a bagel or some juice or something."

"That's all i'm saying. Plus it's cold as hell out here. We couldn't be in the gym or something?"