A child with the blues

July 23
6: 49 pm

Cobe walked into the loft with his groceries and made his way to the kitchen. The girls followed him and while helping put away the groceries, Chey eyed Cobe. "What happened to you, boy?"

"What?"

"You look a little... happy."

"Chile leave that nigga alone." Sadé chimed in before looking at Cobe for herself. "Hold up now?" She moved her face from side to side exaggerantly. "I see it now. You almost got a lil glow to you." She continued to examine him. "Dat nigga done went and got some cuddy at the super market."

"Yo, y'all really wild." Cobe laughed.

"Did you hear denial?" Chey asked, poking at his arm.

"Nope. I think we right, sis." Sadé mumbled.

"What's her name?" Chey asked, cheesing.

"Ain't no girl, ion know what y'all talking about." He defended although he couldn't help the smile that kept rearing its head.

"See them pretty lil dimples is giving it all away, boo." Sadé said, not taking her eyes off of him.

"Ahhh yeah." Chey started. "Don't forget you still owe me some tea, young man." She smiled, leaning up against the counter.

"I thought we were even."

"Nope. Spill suga." Chey said. "Does it have to do with..." she looked at Sadé realizing she wouldn't know and he probably wouldn't want her to know. "You know who?"

"Hell naw."

"Ooooh. Who is it then?"

"None of y'all's business, man."

"Hmm so it is a special someone in this man's life. I knew your fine ass couldn't be single." Sadé hummed.

"I am though."

"But you're mingling." Sade asked.

"I'm doing a lil sumn."

"Oop? Aight then."

"What about y'all's nosy asses? Y'all live for some drama."

"Shid." Sadé said, dragging out the 'i' as old aunties do.

"Oh you know I do" Chey said all excited. "Now, me? Imma bring the drama cuz I really wish a bitch would have me out here looking crazy?!" Chey rolled her eyes. "That's exactly why me and Cecil are co parenting instead of dating cuz that nigga..."

"Girl I feel you, these niggas ain't shit." Sadé co-signed.

"These niggas really aint shit." Cobe mumbled to himself realizing that the choir had stopped singing making him look up. "What?"

"You said niggas ain't shit?" Sadé asked, looking at him then looking at Chey.

"What? I was just agreeing that niggas really aren't shit. I'm a nigga, don't I have a say?"

"Chile." Sadé said.

"What?" Cobe asked, avoiding their eyes.

Sadé folded her arms across the table, chewing her gum. "You not a good liar. What his name?"

"His?" Cobe asked, shocked at the outcome of the conversation. "I told y'all there ain't nobody."

"Then why you come in here like that?" Sadé continued to prod.

"Since y'all wanna talk so bad, what you doing with Dame? Y'all don't seem like a likely couple." Cobe averted.

"Why? Cuz I'm hood?"