25. No more playing house

[maurice 'reece' george, 16]

December 3
6:32pm

"Now, y'all sure y'all can handle two babies?" Cheyenne asked Maurice and iLeah who had just come through the door with Imani who was nearly three months old. "I don't know if I feel comfortable with that." She scratched her head.

Sadè unstrapped and picked up the three month old, cooing at her, completely ignoring Cheyenne's doubts because she needed a break.

Reese answered saying,"I know Georgie's schedule. What she can and can't eat. What helps her calm down and everything. iLeah and I are still learning Mani, but, she is really calm most of the time."

"iLeah, you cool with it?"

She nodded her head.

"Girl, you got rocks in your head?"

"Sorry." She faked a smile, "Yeah, we'll be great." She answered, taking a quick walk back out the door, soon to be followed by Maurice who first had to check Chey saying, "You don't have to be rude. She literally just got done crying before we came in. You think she's always that red?"

Cheyenne balled her lips up, trying not to laugh at the last part.

"Cheyenne." Sadè called her out with a tilt to her head.

"Fine, i'll go check on her. But are you sure she's gonna be alright with both Georgie and iMani? Especially if she's already  in a mood? She might get overwhelmed or anything."

"That's why she has me." He said surely.

"Mkay, period Black king." Sadè snapped her fingers at him as Cheyenne left through the front door. "You gotta excuse her, she a little hormonal. You know she—" she cut herself off and held her hands to her belly.

"Damn, when she gone get the chance to tell anybody herself?" Cole complained, "The whole world know before she can even talk to her nigga about it."

"He know."

"Yeah but not because she told him. He just smart and know her. She the dumb one thinking she can keep hiding it."

"You ain't shit."

"It's really not hard to hide it though." Maurice added.

Sadè smacked her teeth. "You ain't shit either. Yo ass shoulda told somebody as soon as you found out your girl was preggers."

"I did. I told Dame."

"Somebody you know. Remember that part next time." Cole instigated. "The problem is y'all be having sex and not thinking that 'oh shit, this is how niggas get babies'. Then wanna be all shocked and surprised and confused about if you should keep it or not. Then you be hiding shit and lying to motherfuckers. Next thing you know you're popping up at somebody house three years later in the middle of the night because you had nightmares and now you feel guilty for lying about an abortion that nobody ever knew you had in the first place."