the need to know:

It's now after eleven in the evening and Cole is at dinner with Cobe, Dame and Cecil. More engaged in his phone than the futty dutty stories his big brother is spewing, he receives a text from an old familiar friend. His ex-girlfriend, Jill.

Message from Jill
11:11pm

Jill
Umm did I see your
brother this morning
or am I tripping?

Cole
Nah, he's bck

Jill
You good?

Cole
🙃

"Who you texting?" Cobe asked peeking at Cole's phone. Ignoring him, Cole takes a sip of his drink and puts his attention back on his brother.

"Uh, so I coulda ate at home if that's all we doing here" he says annoyed at the fact that they've been out for an hour and Cecil still hasn't addressed anything.

Sensing his agitation, Cobe touches his knee to Cole's to catch his attention. At first Cole tensed up, nervous. He then he relaxes into it and looks at Cobe.

"You ready to go?" Cobe asked him. Nodding his head towards the door, the two of them get up to head out, leaving the bill for Cecil to pick up.

Driving down the freeway, Cobe instructs Cole to get off at the next exit. Without question he follows his directions.

"It's my new place" Cobe points out the apartment building as they pull up. " I got the keys this morning. I'm moving in tomorrow. Let's go in."
Cobe says with a big as grin on his face.

Willing to do anything to not have to go home to his brothers, he follows his best friend into the building.

"You know we gotta break it in" Cobe excitedly says after giving Cole the tour. Pulling out a blunt he wrapped earlier especially for the occasion, he sparked it and passed it to Cole. Solidifying their spot in the kitchen, they smoked for about an hour, just vibing and talking about random shit.

"Damn." Cole mumbled. "I feel light as a mufuckin feather right now baby" Cole cooed.

"You feel good?" Cobe asked, cheesing big as he danced across the room.

"I feel goooood" Cole sang with a half grin on his face. He felt like he was frozen in the moment watching his friend in his zone. He notices how his feet effortlessly carries him from one spot to another in syncopated rhythm. He chuckles. This nigga has no coordination.

Dancing smoothly to the Londrelle joint playing, Cobe inches closer and closer until he's standing with his face inches from Cole's. He looks him in the eye, this time with a look that asks for his permission. Cole lifts his head up to match his face with Cobe's and once again they're kissing. But it feels different this time.

Relaxing into it, Cole reaches his left hand around Cobe's neck pulling him in closer. Following his lead, Cobe put his hands on the small of Cole's back pulling their bodies together. They lose their balance staggering backwards until they're up against the refrigerator. All of a sudden the moment feels familiar to Cole, but he doesn't know why.

Opening his eyes, he pulls away from the kiss, his hand still resting on the back of Cobe's neck. Still wrapped up in Cobe's arms, they rest. Watching each other breathe, bodies still close, panting, Cole reaches for his vibrating phone in his pocket.

"Hey, I'm kinda busy—"

"Can you come over?"

"Why?"