5. uncle sam, goddam

*it's a shortie!

[hollis, 29]

[]"Yeah, but the brother just walked in

[]
"Yeah, but the brother just walked in." Hollis, the new head of security spoke into his cell after seeing Jaleel walk past. He was in the office now on his break, watching the cameras. "That nigga Lamont though? You was right on the money."

He laughed, "I ain't giving you shit."

"Nah, lemme work my magic. I need to see what all going on down here."

"You only know what you know big dawg."

"Gotchu, boss. I'a be there after my shift."

He hung up, writing down the time stamps on an empty sheet in his notepad. He entitled it, 'James, J' and closed the pad, tucking it back into his pocket and opening up his lunch box.

"Damn girl, a salad?" He smiled to himself wishing he'd never mentioned wanting to eat cleaner to his partner who'd lost a bet making her bring him lunch everyday for two weeks. At the moment, he couldn't decide who had really won as he shook the container, mixing the fixings.

Movement on the screen caught his attention, making him put his container on the desk. He zoomed in to the faces of the people approaching Jaleel. "He look..."he paused, examining the face of the lighter skinned, shorter man. "I know him?" He asked himself.

"Know who?" Another security guard asked as he walked into the office. Hollis pointed at the screen, "Oh, the Adebanjos. They got old money. Come from wealthy families on both sides. They been in this building for like twenty years or something like that. They own that loft and a big percentage of the hotel franchise."

"Damn, they got it like that?"

The man nodded. "Yeah. The youngest one. Colin. He's the one who attacked Lamont. It was on the news and we had a whole meeting about it before they brought you in."

He looked up at the seasoned guard, "They say why?"

"We don't know. Neither one of them made a statement. Nobody pressed charges, went to jail, nothing. Wasn't even any news coverage other than the videos from residents. It just kinda went away."

Hollis nodded, rubbing his bearded chin. "Oh, get back on your post, Davis." He shooed him away as he proceeded to google the Adebanjo name.

"These niggas got bad luck."  He mumbled, reading of the near back to back deaths of mr and mrs adebanjo.

who y'all think Hollis boss is???
what he up to?

#fillerbutnotreally

June 14,2023
Arie