71

1 May 1998

Breaking into one of the most secured places in the wizarding world was almost impossible. Almost. With a brilliant plan, they went into Gringotts Bank. However, it was known that you cannot trust a goblin with your life.

The trio on the run had succeeded in their quest, but not everything had gone to plan. The Ministry had been alerted and they had come instantly and began to attack.

Quickly thinking, they jumped onto the dragon before them. They set it loose and the dragon broke free from the underground and into the sky.

In Hogwarts, Cassie could feel that something big was going to happen. It had made her anxious. As she watched the few students in her classroom, she noticed once again that there weren't many students in her class. Most of them had run as they had been found out or had broken the rules. However, no one had really seen them leave the grounds and that had really gotten on the nerves of the Carrows.

By dinner, Cassie could see how empty the table of Gryffindor had become compared to the full table of Slytherins. Knowing where the others were hiding out, she could only assume that a revolution was going to happen. She didn't mind if it did.

Then, one boy had run into the great hall, yelling "Potter! He broke into Gringotts! On a dragon, I hear!"

"What does this mean?" asked his Ravenclaw friend.

"It means he hasn't been running away," Terry Boot replied happily, forgetting about the Carrows and Snape that were in the room. "No one has ever— "

"Silence!" Alecto shouted, standing from her seat. "Detention! With me this evening!"

Amycus has turned to Snape saying, "I reckon Potter will attempt to break into the castle. I suggest we have people searching for him."

"Very well," Snape responded, turning away.

And with that, the dinner had been cut short. The students had gone back to their dorms. Cassie was on patrol that night. She walked the corridors in silence and in thought. "What should I do if I find Potter and his friends? How can I do this and not get punished for it if I am caught?" All she needed was the right timing, but time was a dangerous thing.

Cassie went up to the Headmaster's office. Outside the door, she could hear two voices. Snape's and Dumbledore's. She knocked then walked in upon hearing Snape's welcome and took a deep breath. She found Snape standing, turning away from the old headmaster.

"I can't believe it... "

:::

It wasn't long until the Death Eaters inside Hogwarts grew excited. Word that Harry Potter was spotted in Hogsmeade got to Snape and it was his duty as Headmaster and Death Eater to find him. He ordered that the Heads bring their students into the Great Hall for the announcement and to possibly see if Potter was stupid enough to break in.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you," said Snape, looking at the students before him in neat rows. "It's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade."

The students turned to each other whispering words of question and hope. When Snape spoke again, the Hall went quiet.

"Now, should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression," Snape warned. "Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events... who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty."

Snape walked down the middle of the Hall saying, "Anyone here who has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward... now."