22

Cassie had taken in what Professor Lupin had said. However, once back at home for the summer, she was in an environment where her father would speak about the Muggles and Mudbloods at the dinner table. The one thing she could look forward to was the Quidditch World Cup in which the Minister had invited the Malfoys.

"Cassie, your results came," said Draco as he placed a pile of mail onto the table during breakfast.

Cassie choked on her water. She cleared her throat. "Thanks."

Cassie opened the envelope slowly, then scanned her results briefly.

𝐎𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬:

𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐎)

𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 (𝐄)

𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 (𝐀)

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐢𝐚 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝:

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲                                      𝐎

𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲                                        𝐎   

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬               𝐎

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬                                              𝐎

𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐬         𝐎

𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲                                          𝐎

𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜                                𝐄

𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬                                               𝐎

𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧                                 𝐎

"Eight Outstanding — I've got one Exceeds Expectations and that's in History of Magic and no one really cares about — I mean, Professor Binns is a ghost with a voice that has the effects of Sleeping Draught. At least this proves I am excelling in Herbology now — I'm going to stop talking."

Her mother smiled, placing a hand on her husband's. "We're proud of you dear."

"Yes, you have improved," said her father. He looked to Draco. "You might want to learn from her, Draco."

"I'll help you study when your O.W.L.s arrive," Cassie offered. "Draco's been better in his subjects, too, Father. He just needs some guidance in Transfiguration is all. His Defense Against the Dark Arts exam results is brilliant!"

Draco had smiled gratefully at her. Their father didn't say anything. Draco looked dispirited. It was their mother who spoke, saying, "Well done, Draco."