16

"𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today. 'We are doing all we can to recapture Black,' said the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, this morning, 'and we beg the magical community to remain calm.'

Fudge has been criticized by some members of the International Federation of Warlocks for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis.

'Well, I really had to, don't you know,' said an irritable Fudge. 'Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or Muggle. I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breathe a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it — who'd believe him if he did?'

While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand that Muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse."

"Hope he evades 'em longer," said Viola. "This place could get rid of some Mudbloods."

The Hogwarts Express moved steadily north and the scenery outside the window became darker while the clouds overhead thickened.

"You know, I heard Kettleburn retired," said Viola. "I wonder who'll take his place. And now that Lockhart's lost his memory, I wonder who'll take the cursed spot."

"Probably not Snape," said Cassie. "After all these years of trying, he still won't get it. Dumbledore hasn't appointed him for a reason."

The rain thickened; the windows were now a solid, shimmering gray, which darkened until lanterns flickered into life all along the corridors and over the luggage racks. The train rattled, the rain hammered, the wind howled, and still, somehow, Addy was asleep, resting her head on Adrian's shoulder.

In a flash, the atmosphere changed. The train came to a halt. The juice Adrian had been drinking froze. Cassie was now shivering. She opened the door, peeking outside. Draco had run past.

"Draco!" Cassie called, closing the door behind her.

When she looked back, a dark hooded figure hovered above the ground heading towards her. She picked up the pace and grabbed Draco by the arm, pulling him inside a random compartment. Inside were the Weasleys, Lee Jordan, and Angelina.

"Malfoy? Get the hell out!" Jordan spat.

"Forgot all of you are idiots," Cassie muttered to herself. She looked at them again. "Have you not paid attention in Defense Against the Dark Arts?" She shook her head after seeing their blank stares. "Dementors are on the train. Probably looking for Black— "

"You scared?" Angelina smirked.

Cassie matched it and opened the door. "What are you— " She had pushed Angelina out and locked the door.

"Hey!" she yelled. "Open up! It's — it's— " Fred was trying to hide his smile while George and Lee were looking all serious.

Cassie opened the door to let her back in. "You scared?" she mocked.

Her face turned pale. Cassie turned around, met with the dementor hovering over her. Suddenly, she felt sick and weak.