52

Cassie woke up early in the morning. She could hear the laughter and joy from downstairs meaning that Fred and George had already opened their joke shop. She changed and packed her last few essentials before heading down.

She was about to say goodbye to Fred, but he caught her with that French girl. That French girl always seemed to be in the shop; At least five days a week. Cassie saw her step forward. They were too close to each other. Insanely close. She twirled her perfect blonde hair, batted her bright blue eyes. She was also tall and Cassie could have sworn if she stepped closer, their lips would meet.

"This is actually brilliant!" said the girl.

"We've got a lot here that's not in France," said Fred proudly.

"So, are there any good places to dine in?" asked the girl. "Besides the Leaky Cauldron. It's a bit... it's not quite my style."

"Usually Hogsmeade is the place to go," said Fred. "The Three Broomsticks is famous here, and there's a tea shop."

"Would you mind taking me out sometime?" she asked innocently.

Fred smiled weakly and looked at her nervously. "I — you see, I already have a girlfriend— " Fred saw Cassie walking away with her trunk.

"That girl?" she asked. Fred, in panic, ignored her and rushed towards her. "Hey!"

Cassie felt a finger wrap around her wrist, pulling her back. "Hey."

"'Hey?' You were just flirting with that girl... again, and you say 'hey?'" said Cassie angrily. "So are you like this to her whenever I'm not around? Leading her on, flirting with— "

"We weren't flirting," Fred defended.

"Really? Fred, you flirt and you don't even know it," said Cassie. "Are you also telling me you don't think she was flirting with you, because believe me, she was."

"I really didn't know," said Fred, trying to keep calm.

"Right." Cassie took the handle of her trunk again. She saw the girl staring from a window. "How about we just call it and you can go along with her. She at least has a good background."

"Woah, hold on a second," said Fred, taking her free hand. "First of all, I'm not letting you break up with me."

"Fred— "

"Second of all, she's Fleur's cousin," he explained. "Obviously she didn't know you were my girlfriend. And no, I'm not backing her up. If she and I dated, that would be like dating family."

"Well, technically, we're related— "

"Very distant relatives," Fred corrected. "So no, we aren't actually related-related."

"That doesn't— "

"Makes total sense to me," said Fred, pecking her forehead. "I'm sorry."

Cassie sighed. "You should be."

Fred chuckled and put his hands on her waist. "It's quite cute when you're jealous."

"Can't say the same about you," Cassie remarked, putting her hands around his neck.

"Wow, that hurt," said Fred. "Poked a hole right through my heart."

"Well, you know I can always put my hand right here... " she said as she put her hand on the left of his chest. "... and heal you."

She looked up, meeting his eyes. Just then, the door opened and George appeared yelling "Fred! What the hell are you doing?! I can't manage the whole damn store by myself!"