50

July 1996

Cassie placed a single rose at the grave of Cedric Diggory. It had been a year since his departure. Cassie wondered what he would have done in his future and who he would have helped. It seemed like the only ones who mourned his death were his parents and his few closest friends. Everyone else sort of forgot about him.

"Just over there," said a voice.

Cassie looked to her right, seeing Cedric's parents there.

"Who's that?"

And in a second, Cassie vanished. Her feet slammed into the ground a second later. She arrived at a large building. She entered and found her way to the dining room. It had felt like she hadn't stepped in the house in years.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Cassie ducked out of the way from the streak of light. She expected that to happen. For someone who betrayed them, she wouldn't be welcomed back with open arms.

"There's someone there!"

There was the sound of the chair scraping across the floor, then footsteps. Cassie gripped her wand tightly and appeared at the threshold.

"Cassiopeia," her mother breathed out. She hugged her tightly and Cassie saw the confused faces from those inside.

"What is this?" asked Bellatrix Lestrange. "What's that blood-traitor doing in this house!"

There was hysterical laughter from the other side of the room. He turned around and the light shined upon him. His red eyes pierced into Cassie's and he was smiling.

"I think you should be more welcome to your savior, Aunt Bella," said Cassie. "I'm the one who broke you out."

Bellatrix laughed. "You?"

"I may not have been there, but I was the one behind it all," Cassie explained.

"Cassie," said the Dark Lord. "One of the greatest spies who rarely ever failed a command... unlike some."

"But you— " said Draco, confused. "You and that Weasley... "

"Part of the plan to get closer," said Cassie. "Despite their hatred, they do not doubt Dumbledore's trust in me. And Draco, next time you think you can boss me around and talk shit, think again because if I hear another word from you, I will hex you to oblivion."

"Cassie— "

"Enough!" The Dark Lord walked around the table and toward Draco. "I've got a job for dear Draco. You'll be rewarded shall you succeed... "

"What sort of job?" asked Cassie.

"That old man, Dumbledore, must be rid from the world if I am to get that Potter boy," said the Dark Lord. "We must get into Hogwarts and he must be eliminated, Draco."

Cassie noticed her mother's fearful expression. She placed her hand over hers and looked at the Dark Lord.

"I'll do it," said Cassie. "Snape said he'd persuade Dumbledore for getting me a job— "

He cut her off. "You will keep an eye on Harry Potter. Make sure the Order does not suspect a thing."

"Draco— "

"I'd be honored," said Draco proudly. "I'll do it."

"And I'll be sure Draco makes no mistake," said Cassie. "I'll be responsible for him."

"That settles it... "

"Not just yet," said Cassie. "You promised every job I do is another life spared."