55

"Hey, Thomas," Cassie said as he walked inside her small headquarters. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to ask if you'd want to accompany me to that Christmas party Slughorn's hosting. I mean, I take it you'll be going alone."

"Actually, I never planned on attending," Cassie confessed. "Holidays and gatherings aren't exactly my thing."

"You went to the Yule Ball," Thomas reminded her.

"Yes, well, that was with friends," Cassie said. "And I already had a dress... "

"Aren't I a friend?" he questioned. "And you have a dress I assume. Come on. Don't make me out to be a loner... " He pouted.

"Fine," Cassie agreed, partly because of his cuteness. "Yeah, all right. I'll have to run it by my boyfriend though."

"That Weasley?" Thomas sighed. "Yeah, all right."

:::

There was a knock on the door and it opened. Cassie looked up, seeing her redheaded boyfriend walking inside saying, "Never thought I'd walk these halls after graduating."

"What are you doing here?" Cassie asked, walking towards him. She circled the room and closed the door.

"I just wanted to stop by... You hadn't responded to my last owl... and I missed you." He wrapped his arms around Cassie and pecked her lips.

Cassie pulled away and walked back to her desk, straightening out her papers. "Sorry, it's been busy with having to teach and grade essays — which by the way, these first years are quite smart. I'm amazed. Most of them are either half-bloods or Mud— muggle-borns." Cassie saw the look on Fred's face when she almost said the word. "Sorry... I — I — really don't have an excuse... "

Fred came up behind her and hugged her waist, resting his head on her shoulder. "You stopped yourself... You're trying. Besides, I know you never mean it."

"Also... um... I'm going to this party Slughorn is hosting," Cassie told him. "Thomas offered to go as friends and so... "

"You're going with that prat?"

"Okay, first of all, you don't even know him so how can you say that... and yes, I am going with him. As FRIENDS." She emphasized, knowing Fred was getting jealous. "Hey, come on. It doesn't mean anything."

"For you at least, but him?"

Cassie giggled. "You know where my heart lies."

Fred smiled. "Just to be sure, can I get a kiss?"

Cassie rolled her eyes and decided to tease him. "Sorry. No snogging on school grounds."

"That's never stopped us," he smirked. "Please. It can even be a peck on the cheek."

Fred knew what Cassie was doing. He smirked as Cassie went towards him to peck him on the cheek. At the last second, Fred turned his head and their lips met.

Cassie pulled away, blushing madly. "Fred! You— "

Fred cut her off with another kiss. "Have I mentioned it's cute when you blush?"

"You're an ass, Fred Weasley."

"And you love me anyway." Fred leaned in and they kissed.