04

"I always wonder why they pair us up with Gryffindor all the time," said Cassie on their way to the dungeons for Potions class. "What? We've only Astronomy with Ravenclaw and History of Magic with Hufflepuff. What about some more classes with them?"

"Well, I'm not so ecstatic either," said Addy.

There were fast footsteps behind them. In less than a second, the three girls were covered in green liquid. Cassie wiped the sap from her face and opened her eyes.

There was laughter coming from around the corner. Cassie saw them; a pair of redheads running into the classroom.

"Crap, we don't have time to change," said Addy.

They walked in and the students around began covering their noses, staring at the three. Professor Snape walked inside and paused.

"What is that putrid odor?"

"Stinksap, Professor Snape," Addy said, looking at the twins. "Set off by none other than Fred and George Weasley."

"Scourgify," said Snape. With a wave of his wand, the green liquid came off their clothes and the stink lightened, but still lingered in the air.

"That will be fifty points from Gryffindor. Congratulations, Mr. Weasley. You two have earned yourself detention."

The Slytherins around them snickered, but the twins didn't seem to care too much. They looked rather pleased with themselves which only pissed the girls off more.

"All right, pipe down," Snape ordered. "Today, we will be revising the Wiggenweld Potion."

"We've done this last year," Angelina Johnson spoke.

"Have we?" Snape said in a sarcastic tone. "I hadn't known. Well, if you seem so confident in this potion, Miss Johnson, you'll have no trouble in brewing it without instructions?"

Professor Snape turned back to the other students.

"Now, partner up," said Snape. "You have an hour so I suggest you begin quickly."

Cassie partnered up with Addy. They always did. They were the top in their class. Never failed to brew a potion, worked briskly, and their essays were almost flawless. It was one of the things the two prided themselves on.

Viola paired up with Adrian Pucey. She wasn't as good as Cassie and Addy, but she was better than the twins. Her real talent was Transfiguration.

"Lionfish spins?" said Cassie.

"Right here," replied Addy, adding it to their cauldron.

Half an hour later, they finished. "Time's up! Now, to test your potions, I will— "

"Give someone a deep cut?" someone asked.

"No, Miss Drew," said Snape. "Your partner will take Sleeping Draught. Ten points to the pairs that completed it perfectly."

Snape looked around to see which ones were good enough to be tested. He glanced at Angelina and Alicia's potion and made it vanish. He did the same with Lee Jordan and George Weasley's potion. Fred, on the other hand, was lucky to be picked.

One by one, they took Sleeping Draught and fell asleep. Their partner each gave the victim the instructed amount. Almost instantly, Cassie had woken up. Soon, the others had awoken while one hadn't moved.

"Ten points to Slytherin," said Snape proudly. "Please allow Mr. Pucey to use your potion to wake his partner."

Adrian had taken a portion of their potion and gave it to his partner who woke up a few seconds later. Addy and Cassie performed their handshake, smiling proudly.