32

Cassie woke up on Christmas Day. Addy and Viola were already up, opening the presents at the foot of the bed. Cassie stretched out as she yawned. She leaned forward, grabbing her presents.

She received a beautiful silver crystal ring from her parents. Draco had gotten her candy from Honeydukes and a Probity Probe, though she wasn't sure when she would ever use that.

"Blimey! Viola, when did you have time to get these?" asked Cassie as she pulled out rose gold-colored lace-up heels.

"I saw your dress and when Snape announced the ball, I just had to get you a pair," Viola smiled.

"My present sucks compared to yours," said Cassie sadly.

"What?! No! I love your present," said Viola. "I can wear it tonight! It goes with the dress my mum sent."

Crack!

They all jumped. Viola hit her head on the headboard and Addy almost fell off her bed.

"Miss Malfoy," said a familiar squeaky voice.

"Dobby?" Cassie questioned. "What're doing here in Hogwarts?"

"Dobby just had to see Cassiopeia," said Dobby. "Dobby wanted to wish Cassie a Merry Christmas!"

"Er — well — thanks, Dobby," said Cassie with a weak smile.

"You are the only one Dobby deems kind in the Malfoy house," he went on. "Dobby thanks Cassie for her kindness and generosity."

"I wish I had something to give, but this visit is unexpected," said Cassie.

"No need. Dobby is happy," he said. "Dobby must go now, we is already making dinner preparations in the kitchens."

"Bye?" she said as he left.

The two girls looked at her. She simply shrugged and they began changing to get ready for the day.

Time went by fairly quickly. At half-past six, the three had gone back to their dormitories to get ready for the ball. They changed into their dresses.

Viola wore a dark green:

Addy wore a dark shade of pink: