15

"Erm, Ted?" Cassie called. Technically, Ted was her uncle, but she felt weird calling him that.

"What's up kid?" he asked.

"Why do you have a sandbag?"

"Ah," said Ted. "It's our punching bag. We rarely use this, but it helps a lot when we're angry."

"How does it help?" she asked.

"You hit it."

Cassie looked intrigued. She hit it with the palm of her hand and Ted burst out laughing.

"No, no," said Ted. "You punch it, hence the name punching bag. Here." He gave her gloves and she put them on. He stood behind the bag and held it in place. "Pretend you're punching someone you hate."

Cassie punched it, thinking of Angelina. She gave it another and another, one after the other at a rapid speed. Half an hour passed.

"You must really hate this person," said Ted with a light chuckle.

"You have no idea," Cassie replied.

"Oh! It's almost time," Ted told her.

The two went back into the house and Tonks was carrying her trunk saying, "Farewell, Cass."

"It was good to meet you," said Ted. "Take it easy, all right? Don't let whoever it is you hate get to you."

"I'll see you soon," said Andromeda to her family.

Andromeda took Cassie to King's Cross.

"Don't let what I've told you go to your head," she said. "I think Dumbledore at least had a good reason to keep it secret. Perhaps he didn't want the prophecy to influence your choice."

"Maybe," said Cassie quietly,

"My offer is still on the table, all right?" she said. "Have a good term."

Cassie had enjoyed her stay at the Tonks residence. She smiled thinking of the week and she went through the barrier. She took the train back to Hogwarts and the next few months flew by quickly.

Cassie wasn't as focused in class. She was thinking about the prophecy that her parents never cared to tell her. Her temper worsened as well. The drills Flint put them through and his personality in general didn't help and Angelina's insults didn't either. This got her into a lot of detentions which she shared a bunch of it with the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan. Slowly and without knowing it herself, she had fun with Fred. A lot of fun which she didn't dare to admit.

Cassie wasn't there for the Hufflepuff match against Gryffindor. She was in the forest with Hagrid serving yet another detention. She had 'accidentally' let go of the creature she was handling and it had bitten a Hufflepuff who happened to need his hand to play Quidditch. She was accused of trying to sabotage the game even though she'd rather see Hufflepuff smash Gryffindor in the match.

After her punishment was over, she went back to the castle with cuts and bruises on her hands, arms, and legs. She entered the common room and Professor Snape was in front of all the Slytherin students.

"Miss Malfoy," said Snape. "Wonderful of you to join us."

"Would have gotten here faster if I had known you were making an announcement. Serving detention for being wrongly accused is a... " She stopped herself from cursing.

"As I was saying," Snape continued. "students will return to their House common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. No student is to leave the dormitories after that time. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No student is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities."