40

The students of Hogwarts woke up the next day, some excited to start the term and some who were more than less excited.

"I'm meeting Cassie before classes start," said Fred, fixing his tie. "See you— "

"I don't like that you're dating her, Freddie," George voiced. "She's gorgeous, but she's— "

"A Malfoy?" asked Fred, stopping what he was doing. "Yeah, I know."

"Then how could you like her, knowing who her father is, where she comes from— "

"Because for once, I listened to Wood's advice!" Fred had shouted, almost waking Lee. "I think I love her and I don't care what everyone thinks."

"Then I should tell Mum and Dad, Ginny, too," said George. "They'd love to hear you two are dating."

"George, you promised you wouldn't say a thing," Fred said sternly. "That isn't something you're at liberty to say. It's not your decision when we tell everyone."

"The school will know within the week, Fred," said George. He sighed. "Look, I just don't want you to be heartbroken over a girl."

"I won't."

Meanwhile, Cassie was fixing her hair, looking at herself in the mirror. Then, she saw Viola, glaring at her in the reflection.

"Going off to see that weasel?" she snarled. "Out of all people, him? I thought you had higher standards."

"Least someone likes me and I won't be spending my days all alone," Cassie retorted. "At least I won't be forced into a marriage with someone that I've no feelings for."

"No wonder your family kicked you out," said Viola. "You've really been tainted by the— "

"Enough, Viola," said Addy. "Why do you get a say in her life?"

"You're telling me you think dating a blood-traitor is acceptable?" Viola scoffed in disbelief. "You aren't serious?"

"We each have our own lives," Addy argued. "It's up to us how we live it. Free, or forever imprisoned by society."

"Look at you," said Viola. "Didn't think such a— "

"Who we date shouldn't break the friendship we have!" Addy raised her voice. "You're gonna let... "

Cassie slipped out of the dorm whilst they were bickering. Cassie mentally prepared herself for the voices of judgmental opinions. It would be a long year.

A few days had gone by. Cassie was getting used to everyone in Slytherin ignoring her. However, when she wasn't being ignored, she'd be ridiculed and bullied. Cassie would just smirk. They had no idea. Cassie would never break that easily.

"You know," Fred began on their way to lunch. "Since you've been... disowned, don't you think we could not hide our relationship? I mean, most of the school knows we're dating cause your parents— "

"You'd think I'd give another reason for everyone in my house to hate me?" said Cassie incredulously.

"What's the difference if they see or not?" asked Fred.

"Dating a blood-traitor isn't exactly something that they're fond of," Cassie told him. "You should know by now that they can't stand people like you."