41

The day came for tryouts for the Slytherin team. She watched as everyone got into a line, talking amongst each other.

"We haven't got all day!" Cassie yelled, catching their attention. "Know that I don't care if you can fly fast. I'm looking for a team that can work well with each other. 'Course, skill— "

"Can we just get going?" asked a sixth-year boy, looking bored.

"Know that I don't tolerate arrogant fools either," Cassie glared at him. "As I was saying, skill is important, but so is the team. The reason Gryffindor is beating us is because they're connected."

"I suppose you want us to hold hands and go around sharing stories," said another.

"Get out."

He smirked. He had too much of an ego for his own good. "Why don't you come over here and make me?" He was one of those troublemakers, Cassie knew it. The way he stood, his smirk, just the way he talked, she knew.

"Will taking twenty points make you move now? Or shall I add twenty more for every second you're on this pitch?"

"You can't— "

"Forgotten I'm Head Girl, have you?" Cassie questioned. "Now get off the pitch," she said sternly, spacing her words.

He hurried away. Cassie turned back to the others.

"Know that I don't care for where you came from. Half-blood or pureblood, I don't care," said Cassie. "I don't care what you think I am, but I am your captain and you'll do as I say, got it? Excellent! Let's begin."

An hour later, they flew back to the ground. The boys were all tired whereas Cassie, who didn't break a sweat despite also playing, was tireless.

"I've got my team," said Cassie. "I'll post the positions over the weekend."

"Hey, Malfoy!" called a voice.

Cassie looked up into the stands. It wasn't anyone you'd expect it to be. Not Viola or any Slytherins to taunt her, not the Gryffindors spying on their tryout. A Ravenclaw.

"I've been meaning to talk," he said. "We've got to go over decorations for Halloween. We, as Head Boy and Girl, organizes these types of events."

"We've got a month to set up," said Cassie.

"Yes, but we should gather everything, you know? I thought the Hogsmeade trip, it'd be great to shop for supplies."

"Yeah, sounds great," said Cassie half-heartedly. "I must say though, I've got a lot on my plate so it's difficult for me to fulfill all of the responsibilities of Head Girl."

"I'm guessing you'll have no trouble managing."

:::

Cassie sat at the table just as mail had come. She took the Daily Prophet and read through it.

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌
𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓-𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐈𝐍𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑