4|A-Diē|

"A-Ying!!!"

The sight that was in front of Xie Lian made his skin pale with fright. The stray dogs were closing in on Wei Ying who was sitting among heaps of garbage clutching his head. He was trembling and crying bitterly. Xie Lian could see that all his clothes were torn and child looked terrified.

"Ruoye"

Xie Lian yelled as he saw a dog pounce onto the wailing child. Ruoye shoot out from his arms and slashed onto the ground between Wei Ying and the dogs. The scared dogs ran past them out of the alley. Hua Cheng stood by his side holding Xie Lian's hand tightly as Ruoye came back curling around his hands.

'Weeks, maybe more. A-Ying was roaming this streets.'  Wei Ying was still crying without knowing that the dogs had already left. Xie Lian felt his heart tighten as he heard the boy's pitiful cries.

Hua Cheng placed his hand on Xie Lian's back guiding him forward who was too shocked to move. Xie Lian quietly sat near the sobbing Wei Ying while Hua Cheng stood beside them not wanting to scare the child. Wei Ying was still covering his head and crying hard so he did not see them.

"Wei Ying."

Xie Lian streched out his right hand and carefully touched Wei Ying's trembling shoulder. Wei Ying who was prepared for the dogs to bite him like every other time filched away hiding deeper into the garbage mount. Xie Lian retracted his hand back and waited for Wei Ying to open his tightly shut eyes.

Wei Ying waited for some time but not bites came and the barking were no longer present. He uncovered his head and looked up with his tear filled eyes. He saw a beautiful man looking at him with a smile and to his right stood a man in red robes. Sniffling he looked between the Smiling Gege and the Handsome Gege. Both of them seemed nice to Wei Ying and he was sure they chased away the dogs for him.

Wei Ying stood up from the heap and brushed his tattered robes. He bowed down to both of them just like his mother had taught him because he must show his gratitude to them for saving him from the dogs. After raising his head he smiled at both of them showing his bunny teeth.

"Wei Ying thanks you."

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng were taken aback by the child's action. Both nodded in response to the child's bow. Xie Lian cautiously stretched out his hands and this time the boy welcomed it with an even bigger smile. He slowly patted Wei Ying's head and Wei Ying just closed his eyes and smiled even more.

'A-Ying does have a beautiful smile. I really want this child to smile more.' All of Xie Lian's worries frim the entire day were soon replaced by happiness in front of this smiling child. 'How kind must be this child to forget all the sadness in his life and smile cheerfully at two strangers.'

Wei Ying was covered in dirt and grime yet his tear stained face held the most dazzling smile that could rival the morning sun in its full glory.
'Such a beautiful smile.' Xie Lian could not help but feel sad about Wei Ying's mother.

To Xie Lian's surprise Hua Cheng was stretching his right hand towards Wei Ying, although very hesitantly. He turned his head to take a look at his husband, who was gesturing Wei Ying to take his hand. Without any hesitation Wei Ying took his hand smiling at him, tiny hand grabbing onto those pale slender fingers.

The child did not seem to mind the cold and indifferent expression Hua Cheng was projecting in his true form. But rather the child seemed to have already took a liking to intimidating man with an eye patch and scimitar. Xie Lian could not hold back his smile seeing Hua Cheng nonchalant expression crack as Wei Ying walked closer to him swinging their joint hand.

Xie Lian did not want his husband to have Wei Ying all to himself so he too presented his hand in front of Wei Ying. Just like before Wei Ying quickly wrapped his free hand around Xie Lian's bigger ones. He giggled and said with a cheerful voice.

"I like you both."

Wei Ying smiled at them feeling quite happy. His bright grey eyes sparkling in the dimly lit alley. Hua Cheng was trying to hold back from smiling back at the child as a desperate means to keep his nonchalant composure. But it came crumbling down as he saw his Gege boop Wei Ying's nose.

"We like A-Ying too."

Wei Ying giggled once again and the sweet sound filled the alley. Wei Ying suddenly let go of Xie Lian's hand and boop his nose in return and laughed to himself seeing the man's surprised reaction.

"A-Ying. How about we go get something to eat? "

"Okay let's go."

Hua Cheng nodded quickly and walked forward, softly holding the little hand in his own. Xie Lian also took a step forward but suddenly both of them turned to look at Wei Ying who was not walking with them. Wei Ying was just standing with his head hung low but both hands still holding tightly onto theirs. Xie Lian did not know what had happened, he just swung their joint hand just like Wei Ying had done earlier.

"Do you want me to come with you too? "

Wei Ying asked with a low voice still looking down not meeting their eyes. Xie Lian frowned hearing the child sound so down.

"Yes A-Ying. We want you to come with us."

Xie Lian said as he tugged on Wei Ying's hand lightly. Wei Ying looked up, first looking at the Smiling Gege who nodded in response then at the Handsome Gege who also nodded. Wei Ying smiled once again and started walking with them.

The three of the walked together out of the alley to the open road ahead. Wei Ying was skipping between them to keep up with them still smiling and giggling. Xie Lian was smiling wide feeling happy for finding the child. Hua Cheng looked at the smile on his husband's face and he too smiled.

As they reached the road, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng felt a pull on their hands, pulling them backwards. Confused they turned to see that Wei Ying was falling backwards. Hua Cheng was quick to catch the Wei Ying in his arms and he sat down on the ground holding the child awkwardly.

Xie Lian sat down next to them on the ground looking at unconscious Wei Ying. Hua Cheng looked at Xie Lian who was still holding Wei Ying's hand. Hua Cheng shifted the child in his hands pressing him close.

"Gege he is burning up. "

Huw Cheng said frantically trying to lay the child on his lap in a comfortable way. He was at a complete loss at what to do with the child. Xie Lian pressed his hands on Wei Ying's forehead and frowned even more.

Xie Lian saw a little red mark peeking out from Wei Ying's sleeves. He slowly pulled back the tattered sleeves only to gasp in horror. There were countless bite marks, fresh and healing ones.

"San Lang."

Xie Lian checked Wei Ying for more injuries and found his body was covered with scratch marks and bruises. One could count his ribs and in the bright lights of the sun they could see the lightly sunken eyes. Hua Cheng was shifting the unconscious child in his arms and swaying him slowly.

Xie Lian slowly pulled the robes back around Wei Ying's small body. Although the child was unconscious and in pain from all these wounds, the corners of his eyes and lips were curved up forming a gentle smiling face. Wei Ying turned in Hua Cheng's arms and buried his face in his robes. He snuggled closer clutching onto Hua Cheng's robes with both his hands. He murmured.

"A-diē"