48.Stroll

"Baby. It's so crowded, walk slowly."

Xie Lian called, waving his hands at Wei WuXian who was jumping all over the place. It was late at night, but Caiyi Town was still bustling with brightly lit lanterns and night shops lined the streets. There were many boats selling all kinds of trinkets floating through the waterways on either side of the road. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng quickened their pace to try and catch up to their enthusiastic son.

"A-Xian don't run around!"

Hua Cheng said sternly, seeing the worried face of Xie Lian, but Wei WuXian was not slowing down, not even a little bit. Wei WuXian turned around and grinned at his fathers, walking backwards. He stood out in the bustling crowd, handsome, tall and well dressed in black and red robes. He hopped closer to his worried fathers and said.

"I know this place very well, I won't get lost here."

Wei WuXian finished his words with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Then he whipped around and ran towards another shop leaving his fathers in the middle of the streets. Hua Cheng tried to grab his sleeves and pull him back but Wei WuXian slipped through. He raised his voice and called.

"A-Xian!"

"Then let him be San Lang."

Xie Lian said shaking his head. Wei WuXian's head popped up here and there among the sea of people, running from one shop to the other. The two of them slowly walked for sometime before finally catching up to their son in front of a shop.

"Do you have enough money with you?"

Hua Cheng asked, brushing Wei WuXian's messy bangs away from his eyes. The night was already cold but Caiyi town was especially cold, so Hua Cheng draped a cloak over his son's sholder, and tied the strings tightly. Wei WuXian grinned, not bothered by the rough handling. He picked up few things from the shop and exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll buy for myself."

"Tsk"

Hua Cheng turned around with a frown, feeling that his son was growing up too fast. Xie Lian smiled a little at his frowning husband. He squeezed Hua Cheng's hand once, then turned around to Wei WuXian and said.

"Alright baby."

Wei WuXian bought a few snacks from that shop and shoved them roughly into his Qiankun pouch. He nudged his fathers away from him and said.

"You can go have fun, I'll come back on my own."

Seeing that they were staying put rather then leaving, Wei WuXian pushed Hua Cheng and Xie Lian away in the opposite direction. Xie Lian chuckled and allowed Wei WuXian to do whatever wanted while Hua Cheng stood his ground. Hua Cheng turned around and caught Wei WuXian's hands and said.

"In one hour!"

"Two~"

Wei WuXian whined pouting, he looked so adorable that Hua Cheng was at a loss of words to retort. He pursed his lips and looked down at his son who was acting cute all while clinging onto his hands. Finally Xie Lian had to step in and pat Wei WuXian's shoulders to divert his attention, so that his husband could be saved from the cuteness attack.

"Ok ok two hours, meet us at the door."

Xie Lian said smiling and Hua Cheng nodded in agreement. Wei WuXian clapped his hands once and said.

"Alright! Love you both."

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian smiled at their son. Wei WuXian grinned, feeling a need to cause some trouble. He leaned closer to Xie Lian and whispered in his ears, loud enough for his A-Diē to hear.