34|Drunk|

"Since you still awake, talk to me will you? Hm?
Lan Zhan~"

Lan Wangji ignored Wei WuXian and continued staring into the distance. Wei WuXian frowned and put down his jar of Tianzi Xiao with a loud thud. He turned to face Lan Wangji with a pout seeing that he was being ignored. He knew that the Lan sect Forehead ribbon was somehow important to them so he tried to touch it.

"What?"

Lan Wangji asked as he tried to swat away Wei Wuxian's hand. Wei WuXian grinned, succeeding in his attempt to gain Lan Wangji's attention. Pleased he sat back down and took another sip of his wine.

"This is something you finally react to. Your Forehead ribbon is crooked. "

"Crooked?"

Lan Wangji clumsily sat up straight on the bed. Seeing this, Wei Wuxian snorted almost spitting out his alcohol. Lan Wangji frowned slightly as he tried to straightened his forehead ribbon. Wei Wuxian stretched out his hand to touch the ribbon again.

"I'll help you."

"Get away. "

Lan Wangji swat away Wei Wuxian hands once again and tried to straighten the already straight forehead ribbon. Wei Wuxian was not the one to give up, so he tried to touch the ribbon again as he whined.

"It's still crooked. Still crooked."

"What are you doing?"

Lan Wangji snapped at Wei Wuxian and Wei Wuxian strated giggling seeing the cold Jade Lan Wangji losing his composure in front of him. Wei WuXian put on an innocent expression and said.

"I am just trying to help, why are so nervous?"

"Forehead ribbon is important. How could I allow someone who isn't my parents, wife or children to touch it?"

Lan Wangji said exasperated but still with a neutral face while smoothing out the front of his robes. He placed his hands on his lap neatly, and sat in perfect posture.

"Wife?"

Wei Wuxian laughed lightly. He got up from the floor and sat right next to Lan Wangji on the bed and surprisingly Lan Wangji did not move away. Lan Wangji asked coldly.

"What are you laughing at?"

"I'm laughing at your Lan Sect. So many rules and so unreasonable. Which woman want to marry you? You are going to be single for life. "

Wei Wuxian joked as he took another sip from the jar. He laughed as he shook the wine jar in front of Lan Wangji. After a few seconds, Lan Wangji silently.

"That's fine."

Wei Wuxian quickly turned his head to look at Lan Wangji in confusion. 'How can that be fine?' Lan Wangji just kept looking ahead, staring at the opposite wall with his impassive face. Wei Wuxian huffed and said.

"Is everyone in the Lan sect this boring? Your father is dull like you. So your mother must be so bored."

Lan Wangji did not react to Wei WuXian's words for some time making his smile drop. Lan Wangji was now looking down, his eyelashes drooped and his expression unreadable.

"I dont have mother. "

"Lan Zhan! I didn't.
I heard about your father in seclusion. But mother... I- I'm sorry."

Wei Wuxian sighed loudly. He really knew nothing about Lan Wangji's mother. He suddenly realised that nobody in Cloud Recesses talked about the Sect Leader or his wife.

"No need to apologize."

Lan Wangji said plainly still looking down at his feets and his hands slightly curled in his lap. Both of them were silent for sometime. Wei WuXian propped up his elbow, leaned back on the bed.