44|Letters|

"You're late."

Wei WuXian accused punching Jiang Cheng in the stomach. Jiang Cheng shoved his brother's hands away and Nie Huisang stepped between the two brothers.

Wei WuXian had been waiting for his brother and friend in Caiyi Town for almost an hour. It was their day to visit Lotus Pier. Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes at Wei WuXian's wailing while Nie Huisang started chatting. He frowned and said.

"It's bad Wei-Xiong. Lectures are back to being full time since Master Lan is back."

"What? When did he start teaching again? "

Wei WuXian asked swinging his arms over Nie Huisang's shoulder. He tried throwing his other hand over his brother's shoulder, only to be shoved away again almost making him fall in the water canal of Caiyi town. Jiang Cheng grumbled.

"Since last week."

"Why did he go into seclusion in the first place?"

Wei WuXian scratched his nose as he asked while they walked through the streets. Nie Huisang shrugged as he picked up trinkets from the side stalls and said.

"Don't know."

"He just went into seclusion for months and now he's back. Suspicious!"

Wei WuXian said as he bought some Tanghulu for his Shijie. They placed all the things they bought into Qiankun pouches. Nie Huisang snapped his fan open and said suddenly.

"Actually Wei-Xiong! I thinks his temper is now a little bit better."

"That's got nothing to do with the seclusion, it's because this idiot is not in his class."

Jiang Cheng retorted while smiling at Wei WuXian. Wei WuXian widened his eyes and clutched his chest, dramatically falling backwards.

"Jiang Cheng!!! You wound me. "

"We are late, let's go A-jie must be waiting."

Jiang Cheng smiled as Nie Huisang steadied Wei WuXian. They stood in an empty alley as Wei WuXian used the teleportation tailsmans to Lotus Pier.

"Shijie"

"A-Xian, you got a letter from Gusu."

"From Gusu?"

"It arrived here two days ago."

Jiang Yanli said as soon as Wei WuXian dashed over to her. She handed him a very official looking letter. Wei WuXian turned it around a few times looking confused. Jiang Yanli smiled and went inside while Jiang Cheng came near Wei WuXian, looking over his shoulders curiously.

"They know you are here?"

Wei WuXian did not know the answer to that. 'Or maybe I do. I told Lan Zhan, didn't I? ' Wei WuXian opened the seal taking out the neatly folded piece of paper from inside the envelope.

"Is it from Lan Wangji?"

Nie Huisang asked with his face hid behind the fan. Wei WuXian unfolded the paper and his eyes widened in surprise. He asked to himself in disbelief.

"It's from Master Lan? Wa-"

The other three people in the room looked at Wei WuXian in confusion while he read the letter, eyes moving quickly over the characters.

Wei WuXian,

Wangji told me you visit Lotus Pier occasionally, so I'm senting this letter there in hopes that it will reach you.
I am sorry for what I have done to you. My opinions about your mother made me make false assumptions about you from the very start and I regret it. I'm sorry. I hope you accept my apology.