13|A-Xian|

"A-Xian?"

"Wei WuXian? "

"A-Xian"

Jiang Yanli walked through the forest near Lotus Pier holding a small lamp. 'Oh A-Xian please be okay. '  She kept on calling her brother's name over and over, she had already reached deep into the forest but there was still no sign of him.

"A-Xian! "

Jiang Yanli heard a sound from the tree, she looked up to see Wei WuXian sitting on a high branch. She quickly ran up to the tree. Seeing his Shijie Wei WuXian tried to hide.

"A-Xian, what are you doing up in the tree.
A-Xian I can see you.
Come down let's go home."

"No I'm not going down. There are dogs. "

Wei WuXian said trying to hide behind the tree. Jiang Yanli placed the lamp down and went closer to the tree. She looked at Wei WuXian and said.

"There are no dogs. A-Cheng was just joking with you. How long have you been up there?
If you keep it up your arms will be sore.
Come down A-Xian. "

"Shijie you leave first I won't fal... "

While saying this Wei WuXian's grip on the trunk weakened and he fell down. Jiang Yanli rushed forward to catch him but Wei WuXian still fell on the ground and hurt his legs.

"It hurts"

"A-Xian it's not broken. Just try to stand I'll piggyback you back home"

Wei Wuxian nodded his head. Jiang Yanli picked him up while wei Wuxian held onto the small lamp. Wei Wuxian circled his hands around his Shijie's neck as they walk through the forest.

(The untamed Ost YI NAN PING playing in background.)

"A-Xian, no matter what A-cheng said to you earlier don't hold it against him. He has a bad temper. He usually plays alone at home so he really adored those dogs. Now that father had sent them away he's really sad."

Wei Wuxian hummed and held onto his Shijie as she walked with shaky legs through the uneven forest floor. She was only just a little taller than Wei Wuxian, so carrying him on her back was really difficult. She took a deep breath and held her brother's legs tighter and said.

"Even though he doesn't say it he's actually really happy that there's an extra person around to play with him. You've been gone for so long, he was worried something happened to you. He woke me up in a rush that's why I came out looking for you. "

"Shijie don't worry. I am also really happy to play with him. "

As the two of them walked closer to the edge of the forest they heard a sound from the bushes . They heard crying so they ran there to find Jiang Cheng sitting on the ground and crying. There was a cut on his forehead and there was blood.

Jiang Yanli placed Wei Wuxian on the ground and took out her kerchief to wipe blood from Jiang Cheng's forehead. Jiang Cheng was crying nonstop so she sighed and said.

"A-cheng don't cry.
Didn't I tell you to bring a few people with you to look.
A-cheng do you have something to say to A-Xian? "

At his sister's question Jiang Cheng wiped his tears away and looked upto meet Wei Wuxian's eyes. He said in between his sobs.

"I'm sorry"

"It.. It's alright.
ChengCheng~"

Wei Wuxian replied and hearing this Jiang Cheng smiled. Wei Wuxian also smiled at his brother. Jiang Yanli looked at both her brothers with unbelievable eyes. 'These two... ' She said with a smile.

"What should I do with both of you? "

Jiang Yanli carried Wei Wuxian on her back. Jiang Cheng walked in the front of them holding the lamp. They were talking and laughing while walking back home in the middle of the night.

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng sat on their own beds, there was silence. Wei Wuxian playfully rubbed his nose and walked closer to his brother and said.

"Don't worry I won't tell on you to Jiang Shushu. I got hurt because I suddenly climbed a tree at night."

"You don't worry either. In the future if I see dogs I'll chase them all away for you"

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng held hands and laughed. Jiang Yanli slid the door open and entered the room with a tray in her hand. She smiled at the scene of both her brother's holding hands and laughing.

"I bought soup for both of you. Hurry up and drink it while it's hot. "

She placed two bowls of soup on the table. Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng sat opposite to her while she removed the lids. Jiang Cheng said to Wei WuXian.

"My sister's pork ribs and lotus root soup is the best. Come here and have some. "

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng finished the soup quickly. 'This is so delicious' Wei Wuxian thought as he licked the bowl clean. They didn't let Jiang Yanli leave that night and so all three of them went to bed.

It was almost afternoon, Jiang Fengmian searched everywhere for his children but he could not find them. He came to Jiang Cheng's room and walked in. He saw all three of them sleeping on the same bed hugging each other. He smiled at the sight, he slowly closed the door and went out.

The one week of stay in Lotus Pier was the best according to Wei Wuxian. He along with Jiang Cheng and other disciple brothers went for swimming, stole lotus pods ,wandered the Yunmeng market and the best among them was able to drink Jiang Yanli's lotus soup everyday.

Jiang Cheng taught Wei Wuxian how to shoot down kites, Wei Wuxian who already knew how to use a bow, thanks to his Feng Jiujiu happily learnt from his brother once again. Both brothers were now lying on the dock topless after a round of swimming in the lotus lake.

Jiang Fengmian came close to them and sat in between them. The three of them watched the sunset which made the already beautiful lake even more beautiful. Jiang Fengmian sighed and said.

"A-Xian. Pack your bags. Your parents will be here to pick you up soon."

"A-Xian. Do you really have to go?"

Jiang Cheng asked looking sad. For him this week was the best too. Wei Wuxian smiled, during this week Jiang Cheng had called him A-Xian a few times now, mostly when he is sad other times he would be yelling " Wei-- Wu--Xian--" at the top of his lungs while rolling his eyes. He patted Jiang Cheng's head and said teasingly.

"My Cheng didi. I promise I will come to you every other week. "

Jiang Cheng smiled a rare smile at his brother and Wei Wuxian could not hold back his laughter as he shoved Jiang Cheng into the water and jumped in himself. They splashed around in the water as Jiang Fengmian sat there watching both of them with a smile.

Wei Wuxian said goodbye to Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli. His Shijie  'the best sister ever ' gave him so many Yunmeng special foods for him to take home. He walked with his Jiang Fengmian to the gates of Lotus Pier. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng were already waiting for him there. Wei Wuxian ran and hugged Xie Lian and said.

"I missed you."

"Missed you too baby"

Hua Cheng coughed gaining Wei Wuxian's attention and he opened his arms for his son. Wei Wuxian let go of Xie Lian and hugged his A-diē and laughed. Jiang Fengmian stood there watching them interact, head filled with muddled thoughts. They bid farewell to him and left for Ghost City.