18|Fate|

Watching your parents rummaging through a library searching for something to help to change your fate is distressing. Sitting on a table Wei Wuxian watched as his fathers read scroll after scroll from some historical section as he thought about last night's events.

All three of them were having tea with Guoshi while Xie Lian and Hua Cheng filled him in with all the information about Wei Wuxian. Although Mei Nianqing's eyebrows were furrowed at the beginning, it soon eased into a smile. They talked about almost everything that happened during the years with Wei WuXian piping in here and there. Soon it was time for them to leave.

When they were about to leave the house, Guoshi suddenly held Wei Wuxian hands. He looked at Wei WuXian's palm then at his face and then again at his palm. Guoshi's alarmingly pale face brought Xie Lian and Hua Cheng horror.

"Guoshi tell me. What is it?"

Xie Lian's question was met with silence. Guoshi's face was twitching and he was struggling to form words. After a few minutes of questioning from a very concerned Hua Cheng and Xie Lian along with a very confused Wei Wuxian, Mei Nianqing spoke.

"Tell me all about A-Xian's birth. Time date... Everything. "

After telling all the details they had known from Jiang Fengmian because of all the letters Wei Chanze had sent him during his travels, Guoshi let go Wei WuXian's hand and took a staggering step back, his face paling more.

Xie Lian was losing his calm as he asked again and again about the situation. Guoshi finally snapped out of his daze and looked at Xie Lian and then at Hua Cheng. He opened his mouth to speak but for sometime no words came, a few seconds passed and he found his voice.

"A-Xian's fate is so much similar to yours. "

Xie Lian let out shocked gasp and took a step back in shock. Hua Cheng hugged his son very tightly. Wei Wuxian was confused, he knew his parents suffered so much in this world but at the end they found each other. So he did not feel so bad about thinking himself going through those hardships. 'In the end there will someone waiting for me right?'

Wei Wuxian looked at his fathers, both of them clearly too shocked to say something or even think of anything. He hugged his A-Diē back then he pulled away from him and then he stood in front of Guoshi. He asked, a smile adorning his lips.

"Shiye. What does that mean? "

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng faced Guoshi, both dreading the answer that was about to come. They waited for him to speak. Wei Wuxian thought he should be sad but strangely enough he felt alright. Guoshi spoke up after weighing his words. All three turned their complete attention on him.

"I don't really know. There will be Pain. Betrayal. Hatred. Agony. Heartbreak.
The world will turn against you. Making you broken beyond repair. You will have to watch loved ones perish. Feel helpless. Despair.
But..... "

There was a heavy silence as Mei Nianqing's words sank into them. Xie Lian was hugging his son tight as Hua Cheng stood by them with his arms around both of them, trying to keep them safe in his arms. All three of them looked at Guoshi once again after registering what he said earlier. They waited eagerly for some good news, any news other than the pain.

"But just like you had him. "

Mei Nianqing said as he pointed at Hua Cheng with a very small smile on his face. He continued.

"There will be a person for you. To stand by you through all of this. Being a constant in your life. Keeping you company. To pull you up when you fall. Risk thier life to save yours.
In the end when the chaos settle down you will have each other. To Love each other for eternity. "

Another silence which was quickly broken by Wei Wuxian's light laughter. The three of them looked at the laughing boy and Xie Lian could not help but smile at his son. Wei Wuxian beamed at them and said.

"Isn't that great.
To live an adventure and at the end have someone to love. Share your everything with. "

'Too good for this world. ' Xie Lian and Hua Cheng thought as they saw thier son laughing even after knowing that his future was dim. Both of them did a group hug, squishing their son in between them and all three laughed a little.  Mei Nianqing spoke again, so they look at him parting from the hug.

"There's one more thing.
Everything will happen on its own course. A-Xian was supposed to be left alone on the streets but you saved him. Gave him a home. This may change few things because now he is not alone to fight the world. The pain will be there, there will be times when it will be much easier to just give up. But no. This time you will not be alone. So this time it will be much better. "

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng felt slightly relieved after hearing that. They would make sure that their son stayed out of this misery. They would stay by his side. Wei WuXian's eyebrows furrowed, he asked desperately.

"What about my love. Will I meet them if everything is better? "

The three adults laughed at Wei Wuxian's question. 'Of  course he is worried about love. '  They thought to themselves. Mei Nianqing smiled and replied to his pouting grandson.

"They are a constant. They will be there."

Wei Wuxian's face brightened instantly, he giggled and rubbed his nose. His cheeks showing a light blush. Wei WuXian asked with a very cheerful voice that made the others smile at him instantly.

"Baba. Do you think I already met them? Or are they still waiting for me? "

"I don't know baby.
I think you will find out soon. "

Back to the library, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng had finished their searching and was now standing in front of their son. Xie Lian took out a pair of dice from his sleeves and tied it together with a black thread. He then tied it to the belt sash of Wei WuXian's robes near the silver butterfly tassel.

"Baby you know what to do with those right? "

"Yes Baba"

Wei Wuxian watched as his fathers fussed over him, but he did not say anything. He knew that they were just worried so he let them do anything they wanted. Hua Cheng made almost fifty wraith butterflies appear and they flew onto Wei WuXian's hair and disappeared. Hua Cheng said.

"Just in case.
If there is danger they will help. "

"Alright both of you.
Now can we go eat something.
I am starving. "

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng looked at each other and blinked. Wei Wuxian understood that look very well, his fathers had forgotten that their son was just a mortal. 'You two..... ' Wei Wuxian screamed clutching his rumbling stomach while his fathers laughed lightly. He stomped out of the library yelling.

"I knew it. You forgot to cook. I knew it.
I am leaving. Yin Shushu where are you? Get me something to eat. Please."