37|Leaving|

The sound of a wooden door closing was heard around the Hall. Everyone was waiting to hear something more but was met with silence. Every person in the room stared at the man in red robes standing in the middle of the room. Their eyes focused on the silver butterfly perched on the man's fingertip.

Xie Lian streched out his right hand and Ruoye flew back and coiled around his wrist. The translucent barrier fell and the faces of the people inside it was clearly visible for the people outside. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng had their eyes on Lan Qiren.

The tip of the white ribbon poked out from Xie Lian's sleeves and moved towards Wei WuXian. Ruoye rubbed Wei WuXian's hands which made him chuckle. The sound of his light laughter broke the silence and everyone started murmuring.

Between the chaos Wei WuXian smiled at Lan Wangji, who was curiously looking at the white ribbon. He patted Ruoye and said.

"This is Ruoye."

Lan Wangji nodded his head towards Ruoye. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang watched the exchange in confusion, Jiang Cheng scooted closer to Wei WuXian. Suddenly Lan Qiren's voice was heard above all the others.

"THIS-This- is-

Lan Qiten stuttered and trailed off. Since the barrier was now gone, he could walk towards where everyone was standing but he was frozen in his place. Lan Xichen saw his uncle struggling so he wanted to say something but his words also came broken and like a whisper.

"Is-Is this? This is what ha-happened?"

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng turned around and ignored them. They stood beside Wei WuXian as hesmiled at his fathers and snuggled closer to Xie Lian's chest. Lan Wangji stood where he is watching the scene. Since the truth was out, everyone was scared of what Wei WuXian's parents will do. Suddenly Nie Huisang snapped open his fan and voiced out his thoughts.

"So that's why he could explain everything in details."

Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen along with all the Lan disciples gathered in the Hall turned to look at Nie Huisang. Nie Huisang lowered his head and hid behind Jiang Cheng, fanning himself. Jiang Cheng placed his hand on Wei WuXian's shoulder and spoke.

"He- made you. He provoked you into. It's not...you"

"Wei-Xiong-"

Nie Huisang also walked closer to Wei WuXian and called in concern. Wei WuXian felt really happy to know that he have people who would stand by him. He grinned at them and said.

"Hey it's nothing, It's o-"

"It's not ok!"

Jiang Cheng yelled and everyone turned to look at him next. Shouting was prohibited in Cloud Recesses, Jiang Cheng had never yelled in the presence of any Lans, let alone in friend of Master Lan and ZeWu-Jun. Wei WuXian frowned with worry and tried to hold back Jiang Cheng.

"This Su She is too-"

Some Lan disciple who was friends with Wei WuXian started voicing out his thoughts but soon closed his mouth. But another one spoke up.

"Wei-Xiong, ah! Wei WuXian he-he saved Su She yesterday. I-I saw that."

"I was there too. At the lake. He saved him."

"He went back to get him."

Soon almost all the disciples who went to exorcise the Waterborne abyss started talking. Lan Qiren was still staring blankly at the wall opposite him. Lan Xichen had his head bowed slightly. 'Wei-Gongzi was innocent. I shouldn't have allowed this to happen.'