35|Punish|

"Report."

The Lan disciple announced as soon as he stepped into the Sect Leader's Hanshi. Seeing the disciple in the doorway Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren placed their tea cups down and turned to him. The disciple bowed to both of them and gave his greetings.

"Master Lan. ZeWu-Jun."

"What is it?"

Lan Xichen asked the disciple gesturing him to speak with his kind smile. Lan Qiren also looked at the disciple wanting to know what would be this urgent matter so as to disturb his morning tea. The disciple said.

"Wei WuXian gathered a few of the students and secretly drank wine, but we caught them."

Lan Xichen could not help but smile after hearing this and to hide it, he picked up his tea cup and drank it. 'Aha! Not too surprising, actually.' Lan Qiren was was fuming after hearing the news and to see his eldest nephew smiling fondly, he anger rose even more. 'How preposterous! He takes after her, way too much. '  Both Master Lan and ZeWu-Jun was broken from their line of thoughts as they heard the disciple's next words.

"Lan-Er-Gongzi is also among them. "

Lan Xichen wanted to spit out his tea in surprise but that would not be a nice thing to do in front of his uncle who was on the verge of spitting blood. He whipped his head towards the disciple and asked as calmly as he could, so he could quickly rule out the possibility that he had misheard.

"Wangji was among them? "

"That's ridiculous."

Before waiting for the disciple to give a response, Lan Qiren exclaimed hitting the table with his hand with a loid thud. The Lan disciple sensed the situation getting more out of control but he informed the rest of news without wasting a second.

"Also Wei WuXian attacked the disciple who caught him, using some unknown tricks. The disciple asked him to come for punishment and Wei WuXian refused.
The disciple said that, Wei WuXian was also trying to hurt Lan-Er-Gongzi with the same trick when he found them and he had interfere to save him.
Wei WuXian also refused to come outside his cottage for punishment and did not let anyone get to Lan-Er-Gongzi's aid."

Lan Qiren was getting more and more furious as he continue to listen to the disciple speak about Wei WuXian's actions. His hands were tightly fisted on his lap and he took a deep breaths so that he would not explode from anger. Lan Xichen did not understand what was going on or what the disciple was talking about.

'Wei-Gongzi attacked someone? Hurt Wangji? Impossible? Or was this always his motive in getting close to Wangji? No that can't be! There must be something else that we don't know about. He would not do something like this. ' Before Lan Xichen could defend Wei WuXian's actions or ask the disciple for evidence his uncle spoke, convinced that Wei WuXian was indeed the perpetrator. Lan Qiren's voice was strained, he was holding back so much that he would not end up outright shouting at the disciple.

"Call this disciple over here, tell him to give a complete account of what happened.
And bring that Wei Ying! and others to receive their punishment. Now. "

"Yes, Master Lan."

The disciple bowed deeply to Lan Qiren. Lan Xichen thought that this was the right way, they could interrogate the disciple and understand the truth before the punishment. He also nodded to the disciple and turned to his uncle to see him looking distressed, face red from anger. Both of them did not speak after that, lost in their thoughts and continued their tea.

Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen were waiting for the guest disciple for their punishment. The Lan disciples who are to execute the punishment stood on either side of them, holding the commandant rulers. Lan Wangji walked into the Punishment Hall and kneeled in front of his uncle and brother, he clasped his hands in front of him and said.