31|WaterborneAbyss|

"There's something in the middle of the lake. "

Wei WuXian said to Lan Wangji as they both noticed the slowly forming whirlpool in front of them. Lan Wangji nodded in understanding. Wei WuXian drew a seal in the air and put spiritual energy into it dispersing the fog around them.

The disciples were confused seeing the fog being lifted abruptly, they saw Wei WuXian holding up a seal. Without the fog obscuring their visions, everyone's attention turned to the ominously drak coloured water of the lake.

"Xiongzhang! Have everyone go back immediately!"

"Why?"

Lan Xichen looked surprised at Lan Wangji's momentary lose of composure. He turned in the direction of Lan Wangji's boat to study his brother's expression. Lan Xichen was even more surprised hearing Wei WuXian yelling in a frantic voice.

"ZeWu-jun! Everyone!! Quickly mount your swords. "

Everyone unsheathed their swords but was reluctant to just abandon the mission. They looked extremely confused as to why Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji was suddenly panicking. Seeing their confused expressions, Lan Wangji said again.

"The underwater creatures led the boats to the lake center on purpose. "

"Mount you swords. Now!!! "

Wei WuXian yelled again stepping on his sword. And soon everyone unsheathed their swords and jumped on it. They were just a few feets into the air when they saw a huge whirlpool manifesting and sucking in all their boats. They hurriedly rose up in the air to avoid the sinking boats. In the midst of the chaos a Lan disciple yelled.

"Su She hurry up and get onto the land. "

"Ah? But my sword... "

Su She was the only one standing on his boat in the middle of the whirlpool. Seeing him struggle to call back his sword from the water, Wei WuXian swooped down to help Su She and yelled.

"Give me your hand!"

"Huh? "

Wei WuXian streched out his hand and yelled.

"Hurry."

"Okay"

Wei WuXian hauled Su She up but did not get far. Suibian was lean and made for more agile and precise fighting techniques than the hard labour. Suibian started to descend towards the whirlpool by the weight of two people on it.

"Wei WuXian what are you doing now? "

Jiang Cheng yelled at his brother from above. Wei WuXian gritted his teeth and tried to put more spiritual energy to make Suibian rise up a little higher. ' Everyone's looking. How can I call them to help? '

"Help!"

Su She screamed while his feet touched the water. Wei WuXian put his everything into making Suibian flying higher. He looked up and Jiang Cheng and yelled.

"His sword fell into the water. Hurry up and lend me a hand. Suibian can't carry two people. "

Hearing this Lan Wangji swooped in and hauled them both up. Lan Wangji grabbed Wei WuXian by his collar with one hand, while Wei WuXian was still holding Su She by his hand. Wei WuXian looked up at Lan Wangji and smiled.

"Lan Zhan. Your sword's strength is quite high! Thank you thank you.
Although.....could you not hold me by the collar? It's really uncomfortable!"