46|Lantern|

"Wei WuXian!"

Wei WuXian stopped his blabbering with Nie Huisang hearing his name being called. Little ahead of them, Lan Qiren was waving awkwardly at him standing beside Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji. He looked at his fathers for permission, Xie Lian chuckled and nodded his head while Hua Cheng just stayed silent still not trusting Lan Qiren, not even a tiny bit.

Wei WuXian pulled both Nie Huisang and Jiang Cheng along with him as he speed walked towards the Lans. Xie Lian just poked his husband's shoulders with his fingers to make him look at him. Hua Cheng stopped glaring daggers at Lan Qiren and looked at Xie Lian. He nodded his head and sighed, defeated.

"I trust Gege."

Xie Lian smiled at his husband and nodded solemnly. Hua Cheng chuckled and side hugged Xie Lian as they watched their son.

"Master Lan!"

Wei WuXian called cheerfully, maybe a little too loudly making all the disciples gathered there for lantern releasing to look at them. The three boys bowed to the Lans and they bowed back, Lan Qiren just nodding his head. Lan Qiren stroked his goatee and said with a huff.

"I thought you'd be calling me Old Man from now on."

Wei WuXian laughed unrestrained, while the others who heard Lan Qiren's words were shocked still. They all watched as Wei WuXian moved closer to Lan Qiren and ask in a teasing tone.

"Do you want me to?"

"No!"

Lan Qiren exclaimed loudly looking scandalous. Wei WuXian bit his lips to stop himself from bursting out laughing at the expression of the two younger Lans, who had no idea of what was happening around them.

The disciples all thought that Wei WuXian was definitely going to get another round of yelling, they sneaked a glance at the two men who came with Wei WuXian. The Lan disciples who were present for Wei WuXian's punishment were now sweating nonstop.

"This is fine."

Lan Qiren coughed and said shocking almost everyone except Wei WuXian. Wei WuXian nudged Jiang Cheng and raised his eyebrows at him, challenging him to say something. Jiang Cheng just huffed a laugh finally believing Wei WuXian's earlier ranting about how he had conquered Lan Qiren. Nie Huisang looked so surprised at the exchange that Wei WuXian had to pat the poor soul's back to comfort him.

Lan Xichen looked at his uncle worriedly thinking of all the possible scenario were Lan Qiren might be possessed right now.

Unbothered by everything else Lan Wangji watched the smiling Wei WuXian and could not help remember the conversation they had while he was drunk. He felt anxious at the thought of making lanterns together.

All of them were taking the papers and materials needed for them to make the lanterns from the Lan disciples who were distributing them. Lan Wangji saw Wei WuXian taking papers although he was also getting the things that they needed. 'Didn't you say we'll be making it together? Ah! Maybe I misunderstood. '

"What?"

Wei WuXian asked suddenly and all of them saw the confused Wei WuXian looking at Lan Qiren's out stretched right hand. Wei WuXian stared at Lan Qiren's hands for few seconds then looked at his face. Lan Qiren looked at Wei WuXian and raised his eyebrows slightly. Wei WuXian clapped his hands and said.

"Oh! I remember. I've got it."

Wei WuXian passed all the paper and brushes he were holding to his Baba's arms who had sneaked upon them without anyone noticing. Xie Lian smiled at his son taking all the supplies from his hand and then replacing it with a small wooden box. Wei WuXian grinned at his fathers and skipped back to Lan Qiren.