36|Parents|

"RUOYE!!!"

A beautiful man dressed in flowing white robes rushed through the open door and appeared inside the punishment hall. A white ribbon flew out of his sleeves forming a huge circle around Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji. A translucent barrier was erected were the ribbon stood, making others step back due to the immense spiritual energy radiating from it. The man ran towards the kneeling Wei WuXian, entering through the barrier without any hindrance.

"MA!"

Wei WuXian yelled as soon as he saw his father's face. Xie Lian dropped to his knees without any care for his intricate outer robes, kneeling in front of his son and opened his arms for him. Wei WuXian threw himself into his father's open arms and hugged him tight, clutching onto his robes tightly. Xie Lian wrapped his hands around his son gently and caressed his hair, while tears rolled down his cheeks.

The people watching were all shocked still at the scene in front of them. Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen had unsheathed their swords and were pointing it at the intruder. The Lan disciples present in the punishment hall also pointed their swords at the hugging pair.

"Oh baby are you alright?"

Xie Lian asked cupping Wei WuXian face in his hands gently. Wei WuXian nodded his head vigorously while he wiped away the tears from his father's face. Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen were very confused at the unknown person's identity. Lan Xichen lowered his sword seeing the sight in front of him.

"Wangji"

Xie Lian called, looking at the kneeling boy. Lan Wangji, who was still kneeling a small distance away from Wei WuXian looked at Xie Lian with slightly wide eyes. Xie Lian presented his hand for Lan Wangji to take, and Lan Wangji took it. Xie Lian helped Lan Wangji stand up while Wei WuXian leaned on to his father's shoulder, grinning.

"Taizi Dianxia"

Lan Wangji greeted as soon as he stood up and bowing deeply to Xie Lian, clasping his hands in front of him. Wei WuXian chuckled a laugh while Xie Lian shook his head with an amused smile. Xie Lian stopped Lan Wangji from bowing, smiling at the boy in front of him as he said.

"No need for that."

The people watching were even more confused now. 'Lan-Er-Gongzi knows him? ' A few of the disciples also lowered their swords. Lan Qiren was fuming seeing the man interacting so casually with his nephew. He turned to Lan Wangji and tried to walk closer to him, only to stumble back because of the barrier. He pointed his fingers at Lan Wangji and asked.

"What is happening here? Wangji? "

"Thank you. For standing by A-Xian."

Another voice echoed in the Hall along with a jingle of bells, before Lan Wangji could answer his uncle. A tall handsome man dressed in maple red was standing there with his hand crossed behind his back. He had suddenly appeared in the middle of the room unlike the other who entered through the door.

It took just one glance for Lan Wangji to understand who this person was. This was the Supreme Ghost king, Hua Cheng, Wei WuXian's father. Lan Wangji bowed deeply to him and said in a low voice.

"Xue Yu Tan Hua, Wangji apologize for all of this."

"Don't."

Hua Cheng nodded once at Lan Wangji as he said. His face was expressionless, very much like Lan Wangji's as they looked at each other. Lan Qiren was now tired of trying to get inside the barrier. He yelled.

"Wangji? You know them? Who? "

"Wei Ying's parents."

Lan Wangji replied calmly turning to his uncle and brother who were trying to get inside the barrier. Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen shared a look and then Lan Qiren shouted.