49.NightHunt

On reaching Paradise Manor, Wei WuXian dashed across the Hall towards his bedroom. He wanted to make some warming talisman which would be able to keep the surroundings warm for an entire night rather than few hours. He tip toed his way to his room and placed his hand on the door. He was going to open the door and sneak in, when he heard his A-Diē's voice.

"A-Xian eat something before you go and lock yourself in your room."

"I'm not going to....."

Wei WuXian closed his mouth when he saw his father watching him with a knowing look. Hua Cheng lowered his eye to look at the huge stack of blank talismans and cinnabar on Wei WuXian's hands and then raised an eyebrow.

Wei WuXian opened his bedroom door and stomped his way in. He threw everything inside the room onto his bed. He spoke as he closed the door behind him and walked to the dining room with his father.

"A-Diē! How do you know that's what I was going to do?"

"You think you're sneaky?"

Hua Cheng asked seriously, looking down at his son with a cheeky grin. Wei WuXian raised his head to stare at his father, eyebrows knit together in indignation. He exclaimed.

"Yes!"

"You are not."

Hua Cheng said with a small smile and Wei WuXian frowned. He patted Wei WuXian's shoulder twice to show his sympathy. Wei WuXian gasped loudly and yelled.

"Xue Yu Tan Hua!"

Hua Cheng patted Wei WuXian's shoulder once more and shook his head in full on disappointment. Wei WuXian was truly angered, he narrowed his eyes and moved forward to tackle his father onto the floor. Hua Cheng clicked his tongue and caught Wei WuXian's hands easily. Laughing, Wei WuXian struggled in his hands, trying to use his legs to topple his father down but failing miserably.

"Alright, alright. Let's just eat together."

At midst their brawling, Xie Lian appeared in the hallway and pulled his son and husband apart. He patted down both their robes and smoothed the creases. Then he dragged them both to the dining room.

The food was served and the three of them ate. Wei WuXian stuffed his mouth with food quickly, so that he could go back to his room and get some work done. Hua Cheng made some comments about how he was almost going to skip meal and hearing that Xie Lian started complaining.

Wei WuXian nodded his head, without actually listening to anything as his fathers spoke about eating food at proper time and taking care of himself. The conversation kept on moving around him as Wei WuXian thought about the ideas he could use to make some talismans. Xie Lian flicked Wei WuXian's forehead to gain his attention and said.

"Baby listen! Don't go around punching people!"

"The peacock deserved it!"

Broken from his daze, Wei WuXian exclaimed stabbing his chopsticks onto a piece of meat angrily. He rubbed the forehead that was flicked with his left hand and looked at his Baba with a pout. Hua Cheng raised his right hand in the air and said solemnly.

"I agree"

Wei WuXian looked at his A-Diē with glimmering eyes and nodded his head furiously. Xie Lian sighed lightly and called.

"San Lang"

"A-Xian, listen to Gege."

Hua Cheng said nodding towards his son. Wei WuXian gaped at A-Diē in disbelief. His mouth hung open as he looked at his father in utter betrayal. Xie Lian chuckled lightly at his son's expression. Wei WuXian groaned as he flopped onto the table.