38.Prince

Lan Xichen looked around the room and saw everyone of them present in the room is stunned speechless from the events that took place now. Except one person, Lan Wangji is still standing at the centre of the Hall with his fully composed looks and nothing out of place. Everyone turned to Lan Wangji for some sort of explanation because they cannot really process what just happened now.

"Wangji"

Lan Xichen called lightly. His voice is still shaky and he walked closer to his brother. Lan Wangji met his brother's eyes and nodded once.

"Xiongzhang."

The way Lan Wangji was standing and able to talk calmly was confirmation for everyone to understand that he knew exactly what just happened. Lan Qiren had his eyes closed and head a little lowered. He is standing on the same place, his sword still abandoned on the floor. Lan Xichen said:

"You knew them? You hardly seems surprised Wangji.
No, you are not surprised at all."

Lan Wangji nodded once again. He could feel almost all of them staring at him, waiting for him to say something. He does not like this attention at all yet he had to reply.

"Wei Ying told me two days ago."

Lan Xichen looked at his brother for some time. He is struggling to formulate questions.

"Why?
Wangji why didn't you tell us something? Or else- we- "

Lan Xichen cuts himself off from completing that sentence. 'Or else we could do what? If we knew Wei-Gongzi had powerful parents, what will we do? What can we do now, when the damage had already been done?'

"It was not my story to tell."

Lan Wangji replied looking straight at his brother and trying to avoid all other people in the room. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang were still standing there and listening to what Lan Wangji had to say. Lan Xichen sighed loudly and asked:

"So, will you? Can you tell us now?"

Lan Wangji looked away from his brother and ran his gaze all over the room. He turned back to face his brother again and Lan Xichen nodded in understanding. Lan Qiren had opened his eyes hearing that he will be soon given an explanation.

"Ah! Everyone!
It is best if we keep what happened here a secret. I think Wei-Gongzi's parents would also like to keep it that way. Don't spread rumours and don't tell other disciples about today's events."

Lan Xichen said to the few Lan disciples standing in the room. There were still sound of knocking on the door and muffled sounds of disciples calling them from outside. The disciples bowed and said in unison.

"Yes ZeWu-Jun."

"You all may take your leave now."

Lan Xichen said and the disciples opened the door and left. The disciples waiting outside also left the place after closing the door behind them. It was now just the five of them in the room.

"I suppose their identity was kept secret for a reason. Both of them are quite-"

Lan Xichen stopped. He do not know what exactly he should be saying right now. His uncle is staring at his own feet and not saying anything. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang is still standing in the Hall waiting for something and his brother is not saying anything although he know what is going on. He tries again.

"Why did Wei-Gongzi tell you Wangji?"

"I was curious about the butterflies."

Lan Wangji told the truth. He was only curious about the butterflies, that is the truth. But his brother and uncle and even Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huisang is looking at him, waiting for him to say something more. So he said: