42.Broken

It was just two days since Wei WuXian was back at his home from Cloud Recesses. Xie Lian and San Lang could very clearly see that their son really did miss Cloud Recesses, maybe not the rules but the people.

"San Lang. Maybe because of what we did, they won't let A-Xian visit?"

"Then let's ask them to let him visit."

Wei WuXian was away on a night hunt with his A-Zi Ge so Xie Lian and San Lang had decided to visit the Cloud Recesses and clear up this mess so that their son can visit that place again.

Sitting opposite the Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen was more awkward than they had previously thought. Xie Lian apologized for their rash actions all the while San Lang refused to even look at the people sitting opposite them. In the end he too apologized after getting a shove from Xie Lian. San Lang thought ' For A-Xian ' .

When the tea was over Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen said their goodbye to the pair. Before leaving Xie Lian said the words they wanted to say from the beginning.

"I hope this will not prevent A-Xian from visiting Cloud Recesses in the future. He miss this place very much."

"Wei-Gongzi will be welcome in Cloud Recesses. We will be happy to welcome him here. "

Lan Xichen said and Lan Qiren agreed with a nod. Xie Lian smiled at them and turned to leave. San Lang gently squeezed his hand and said.

"Gege, I have a few more things to say to them. "

"Ok. Then I'll just walk around for a while."

Xie Lian said smiling at his husband. The hand holding his wrist did not move away so he looked at his husband to see him smiling back at him. San Lang said.

"I won't take long."

Xie Lian nodded and turned to leave. He could feel San Lang's gaze on him. He could not help but smile knowing his husband's reluctance in leaving him out of sight. San Lang called.

"Gege."

"Uh?

Xie Lian turned to look at him once more. Through the corner of his eyes he saw the two Lans watching them interact. Lan Xichen had a gentle smile while Lan Qiren looked very furious at their actions. San Lang waved his hand and a sliver butterfly flew towards Xie Lian.

"San Lang, you said you won't take long."

Xie Lian laughed, the sound echoing in the silence of Hanshi. The silver butterfly flew around his face and peppered kisses on his cheeks and nose. Finally it settled down on his right shoulder occasionally giving kiss to his cheek.

San Lang had started this habit of leaving at least one wraith butterfly with his Gege whenever he was away so that his Gege won't be lonely. San Lang smiled and replied with a polite nod.

"I won't."

Xie Lian gave a bow to both embarrassed Lans and walked to the outside. San Lang watched as Xie Lian disappeared around the corner. He slowly faced the two people waiting for him.

"Would you like to sit down?"

Lan Xichen asked with his usual practiced calmness. San Lang shook his head once rejecting the offer. He had not said a word to Lan Qiren other than 'I apologize' that Xie Lian had made him say. The thought that this man had not apologized to his son for hurting him was flooding his mind.

"I have to clarify something.
I came here to apologize only."

San Lang paused looking away from Lan Xichen to Lan Qiren who stood quietly beside his nephew. Lan Qiren looked back at the tall man in red robes with his usual level of irritation he gives to Wei WuXian. San Lang said each word as cold as ice.