8|Stay|

"A-Ying, I want to ask you something."

Wei Ying sat on his Handsome Gege's lap while his tiny hands held on to the braided section of his hair with the red pearl. He looked into Handsome Gege's eye curiously, to know why he spoke so quietly. Wei Ying nodded his head vigorously as a reply.

Xie Lian sat by their side waiting for his husband to finish his words. He had a guess as to what Hua Cheng wanted to ask Wei Ying but he silently waited for him to speak. Hua Cheng looked at Wei Ying for sometime, Wei Ying smiled back at him and patted his arms in encouragement. Hua Cheng asked.

"Does A-Ying want to visit our home?"

Wei Ying looked between the two men in front of him. He thought about the question in his mind because Handsome Gege was asking seriously so he must think before answering. Xie Lian could not hold back anymore as he said.

"It's a small shrine in Puqi village. There is a bed. All three of us can sleep in it together.
And. And. San Lang and I'll cook for yo...... "

"Yes"

Wei Ying said stopping Xie Lian from talking more. He smiled widely at both of them. He nodded his head and clapped his hands as he said again:

"Yes yes yes yes yes yessss...."

Hua Cheng felt so relieved after hearing Wei Ying's response because his husband looked so very happy at the moment. He looked at Wei Ying and saw the most beautiful smile.
'No gege's smile is most beautiful.' He corrected himself as soon as the thought passed his mind.

Xie Lian understood what his husband was thinking because he too felt that this is the most beautiful smile that Wei Ying had given them ever since he entered their lives. Xie Lian chuckled. He pinched Wei Ying's cheeks as he said.

"A-Ying. Your smile is so beautiful."

Wei Ying smiled and giggled more after hearing the compliment. Hua Cheng laughed because he was caught and he placed a kiss on Xie Lian's forehead without thinking. Xie Lian smiled as he got the kiss but looked at Wei Ying suddenly. Wei Ying blinked once then twice. He had an expression of awe as he sat on Handsome Gege's lap looking up at them with wide eyes and open mouth.

Both of them waited for Wei Ying to comment something on the kiss that he just witnessed. Wei Ying just smiled at them and continued twirling the red pearl in his hand like nothing happened.

During lunch Wei Ying kept taking about all the different games he had played with his 'Yin Shūshu'. He even told stories of big monsters when Xie Lian asked for one. Wei Ying had some rice stuck to his lower lips, Xie Lian wiped it clean as he asked jokingly.

" A-Ying~
How old are you? "

"YingYing is only three. "

Wei Ying said as he held up three fingers up in the air for them to see. Hua Cheng was shocked, he looked at Wei Ying and then at his husband. He then exclaimed.

"A-Ying. You are only three years old?"

"Oh San Lang"

Xie Lian only smiled at his confused husband and continued to laugh seeing his confusion grow. Wei Ying laughed and said.

"Silly Gege. Haha. I was only joking.
I am five."

Wei Ying said proudly now holding up five fingers in the air. Hua Cheng looked at the laughing duo and smiled. They had thier duties to attend to but that could wait for sometime, both of them thought as they listened to Wei Ying talk happily.

The three of them was walking along the Yiling market making many stops, buying sweets and toys for Wei Ying. Hua Cheng had bought two leaf butterflies and gave one to Xie Lian and one to Wei Ying. After walking for some more time they reached the doors of the dilapidated shed through which they had came to Yiling the previous day.

Xie Lian opened the door for Wei Ying to see. He was pleased with the confused expression on Wei Ying's face. He chuckled and announced.

"I am going to do some magic."

Xie Lian started drawing the distance shortening array. Wei Ying kept his eyes glued onto the door looking at what his Lian Gege was drawing. All the while Hua Cheng held onto Wei Ying's hand as both waited for Xie Lian to finish drawing.

"A-Ying look"

Xie Lian said as he opened the door to thier home. Wei Ying's eyes widened as he took in the details. What was in front of him was not the shabby shed but a lightly lit room. He saw the picture of a beautiful man hanging on the wall, to his left there was a bed and to his right there was cooking area.

Wei Ying slowly stepped into the room, went to the alter and observed the painting and offerings for sometime then went to sit on the bed. Finally he walked back to the two figure standing at the door looking like they are waiting for a judgement.

Wei Ying just smiled at them and waved them over with his leaf butterflies. Hua Cheng made three wraith butterflies appear, they circled Wei Ying who laughed heartily and followed them around. Thier Puqi shrine felt more and more like a home as the giggles and laughter grew louder.

Wei Ying sat on the kitchen counter as his Lain Gege and Handsome Gege, mostly Hua Cheng, cooked their dinner. He kept asking them to add more spice because he liked them. After finishing the cooking all three of them sat down for dinner. An extra set of bowl and chopsticks were placed for Wei Ying.

Xie Lian watched Wei Ying closely as he ate the food. He knew many people considered the food he made as poison and said they were torturing themselves when they ate it. But here Wei Ying was sitting eating mouth fulls of the food while smiling and complimenting each and every dish.

Hua Cheng was also pleased to know that there is one more person who could enjoy the food his Gege made. Xie Lian's cooking had become little by little better over the last hundred years but the names he came up for them were still the same.

After dinner they cleaned up and Wei Ying wore a new set of clothes that his Handsome Gege had bought for him. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian was lying on the bed while Wei Ying continued to play with his butterflies sitting between the two. Hua Cheng tapped Wei Ying on his shoulders and asked.

"A-Ying would you like to stay here? "

Wei Ying looked at his Handsome Gehe, dropping his butterflies on the bed. Xie Lian sat up from the bed and said.

"A-Ying . Stay with us.
We'll cook for you and and..
Buy toys and clothes... "

"Gege and I will teach you to fight and.. "

"Take you out to play.. "

"I will teach you how to write and... "

"We will fight monsters together."

"A-Ying... "

Wei Ying made them stop their rambling as by covering both thier mouths with his hands. They looked at him expectantly. They could not take him Lotus Pier, not after knowing about the situation there.

"Stay?"

Wei Ying asked with an unreadable face his hands still covering their mouths. Both of the nodded. Wei Ying did not show any reaction, he did not want to be hopeful. His parents promised to come home when they left but they never came back. He slowly nodded then said.

"Okay "

After saying this he laid down on the bed between them. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian did not move as they watched Wei Ying closed his eyes and went to sleep, or so they thought.

Wei Ying waited for sometime for any kind of reaction from his two Geges but nothing came. He opened his eyes to see shocked faces. His Lian Gege looked like He would cry soon so he smiled brightly for them and said.

"A-Ying wants to stay."

Xie Lian chuckled and pressed a kiss on Wei Ying's forehead. He sighed in relief and laid beside him. Hua Cheng kissed them both of them and laid down too.

"A-Ying really really want to stay."

Wei Ying giggled from the soft kisses then he turned and gave them both a kiss on their cheeks. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian wrapped their hands around Wei Ying as they went to sleep.