5|Inn|

"A-diē"

Hua Cheng was shocked to hear Wei Ying calling him' he's not calling me, he's calling his father. Not me.' He held Wei Ying closer to his chest and he slowly stood up. He looked at Xie Lian started and saw him nodding. He ran across the street with Xie Lian following behind. They rushed into an inn by the roadside.

Hua Cheng cradled Wei Ying with one hand, holding him close to his chest. He took took out money from his robes using his other hand. He placed it before a worried inn keeper and said hastily.

"One room"

"Quickly"

Xie Lian added. The inn keeper did not waste any time and gave them the key. Xie Lian picked up the key and dashed across the hallway. He heard the inn keeper shouting after them
"Upstairs, first room."

Xie Lian quickly climbed up the stairs and opened the door for his husband. Hua Cheng walked into the room holding Wei Ying. Xie Lian closed the door behind them.

Xie Lian removed Wei Ying's torn shoes carefully and Hua Cheng placed Wei Ying onto the bed. Xie Lian poured some water for Wei Ying to drink when Hua Cheng said.

"Gege, I'll get some medicine and something to eat. I'll be back soon."

"Ok San Lang but please come back fast."

Xie Lian said worriedly. Hua Cheng kissed his husband's forehead and left. Xie Lian made Wei Ying drink some water. He dipped a cloth in water and wipped Wei Ying's face. He then placed a piece of wet cloth on his forehead to cool him down.

"Wei Ying looks so good, he looks like he is smili-"

Xie Lian could not finish the sentence, Wei Ying scrunched up his nose and started squirming in his bed. He was shaking and thrashing around in the bed pulling away from Xie Lian's hold.

'Is he having a nightmare?' Xie Lian thought as he held Wei Ying's hands and slowly rubbed them. Wei Ying had tears running down his tightly shut eyes and he was muttering.

"Take the dogs away..
Don't bite me.
A-diē , A-niang save me.
A-Ying is a good boy don't leave me."

Wei Ying murmured in his sleep thrashing his hands and legs in every direction. Xie Lian tried to calm him by patting his head as he said in a low voice.

"Shhh. Shhh.
It's alright A-Ying. The dogs are gone. A-diē is here now. Don't worry. "

To his surprise Wei Ying calmed down and went back to sleep. Xie Lian sighed in relief and turned around to see that his husband standing beside him looking at Wei Ying with a frown. Hua Cheng handed Xie Lian the packet and said.

"I got some clothes for him too."

Xie Lian placed the clothes on the bed and started taking off Wei Ying's torn clothes. Hua Cheng lifted the table from the other side of the room and placed it near the bed. When Xie Lian finished undressing Wei Ying, Hua Cheng took out the medicinal salve from his sleeve and gave it to Xie Lian.

"Gege the medicine"

"Thanks San Lang"

Xie Lian took the medicine and slowly applied on Wei Ying's wounds. Wei Ying winced in pain and scrunched his nose but stayed asleep from all the exhaustion. Hua Cheng watched as his husband treated the child with care. He smiled and went out again to get them some light food. He came back with a tray of food and placed it on the table.

Xie Lian had finished bandaging the bleeding wounds and dressed Wei Ying in new clothes. He was now just sitting on the bed looking at the sleeping child. Hua Cheng sat near his husband while holding a bowl of congee. Xie Lian picked up the sleeping Wei Ying and made him lean on him. He circled his hands around Wei Ying holding him in place.