54

It was almost midnight when Kai and I arrived back at his place. I was sweaty and honest to god ready for a shower.

"Ugh. I do smell like wet dog." I mutter as he unlocks his door and steps inside.

When I follow him in he quickly slams the door behind me, pinning me to the door and placing a heavy kiss to my lips.

I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms tightly around his neck. He pulls away from our heated kiss and starts to trail his kisses down to the mark on my neck.

"Kai I stink." I chuckle as I try to pull away from his touch.

"I don't care" he mutters and starts to suck the skin on my neck.

My senses were in overdrive as a wave of pleasure courses through my body at his touch. His hands held my hips firmly in place as he presses me against the door.

I half considered just saying fuck it, and something told me that was my more primal side trying to take over and let Kai have his way with me, but we were interrupted by the loud ringing of my cellphone on the table.

Kai's touch doesn't stop at the sound. "Kai it could be my parents wondering where we are." I chuckle. He groans against my skin and pushes himself away from me and grabs my phone off the table.

"It's your mom." He says handing me my phone. As soon as I answer the call he pushes me back against the door and kisses the spot on my neck again. I try to shove him off without making any noise that would indicate what we were about to do, but god was it hard.

"Hello?"

"Where are you!" My mom screams on the other line.

Kai's actions stop immediately at the shrill voice.

"Kai and I went swimming, we just got back.."

"We can't find Jr. you need to come home" she says on the other line.

"Is that Lilith?"

My dads voice calls from the background.

"Yes" my moms voice says.

"I'm on my way mom. I'm sure he's fine. You know he likes to wander..." I didn't even believe my own words, and my mind kept trailing to Ezekiel.

"What if HE-"

"No. No he wouldn't. We have time before I make my decision." I say quickly. I knew she was thinking the same thing as me.

"I'm on my way" I say quickly before ending the call and looking  at Kai who has already gone and grabbed his phone and wallet.

"Come on" he says quickly and leads me out of the apartment and back to his car.

My mind was running miles a minute, I could tell Kai's was too.

"Text my parents and let them know. We may need them if we can't find him." Kai says handing me his phone and pressing his foot on the gas a little harder.

Thankfully it was already late so there weren't many cars out on this side of town. I just hoped a cop wouldn't stop us because there's no time for that.

An agonizing 10 minutes later we come to a halt in front of my driveway, both Kai and I jumping out the minute the car is off and we zoom to the front door.

The scene in front of me is nothing what I expected.

"I'm calling the police!"

"You can't Julio we will find him!"

"He's 8 years old he didn't just sneak out Alex!"

"Lilith!" Phoebe yells from her spot on the couch and runs to my arms.