11

Graduation day came around quicker than I thought it would.

I was currently sitting in a very uncomfortable stool in a hotel bathroom at 5:30 in the morning while Phoebe did my hair and make up.

I told her I wasn't going to do anything special, just a French braid so my hat fit and maybe some mascara and lipstick. She looked at me horrified.

"You're not 15 Lilith" she said dragging me out of bed and telling me to shower and dry my hair before everyone else got up. My mom and dad got a room together while me Abuelita, Jr, and Phoebe shared a two bed room.

Since graduation would be taking place at the school stadium we rented a few rooms for the night so we wouldn't have to worry about being late.

In an hour she was a little over halfway done with my hair. I hated straightening my hair, it was too long and too curly so what would take a girl maybe an hour on her whole head took me almost 2 hours.

"Phoebs my ass hurts" I whine wiggling in my seat and slouching my back.

"Get over it being a girl hurts" she says running the straightener over the piece she already went over. When she finished the piece she huffed when it still didn't fully straighten.

"Your hair is unusually frisky today" she says going over the piece again and smiling when it finally straightened.

When she finished up my hair after another 45 minutes she started on my make up.

I knew I was in for it when she walked in the bathroom with a large black box. She unclamped the top and opened it, then she pulled the two pieces at the top showing the actual depth of the box.

"What the fuck is that?" I ask horrified that every bit of that box would soon be on my face.

"Makeup" she says happily.

She pulls out various shades of foundation and takes her time swatching them on my cheek.

"Phoebe I'm gonna be late for graduation" I whine again.

"Okay okay" she says finally deciding on a shade and getting to work.

I'm not a hundred percent sure what she put on my face, all I know is when she was done it felt like if I sneezed hard enough my face would fall apart; but when I finally stood up and looked at myself in the mirror I almost had a stroke.

"I'm hot" is all I'm able to say.

"You've BEEN hot, I just intensified it" Phoebe says crossing her arms over her chest giving me a smirk.

I decide not to fight her on it, I gave her a tight hug and then pushed her out of the bathroom so I could get dressed.

I slip on the dress and heels and look into the full length mirror they have behind our door. I did a little spin watching myself in the mirror carefully. I frown at my frame, I wasn't exactly petit like Phoebe. My arms and legs weren't as toned and skinny like hers and started to regret buying this dress. I intended on washing it when we got home tonight so I could wear it to my party tomorrow as well, but now I wasn't so sure. Especially not with all my family coming. I didn't have to hear it to see their judgment in their eyes if they saw the fat daughter in a dress. Not to mention Kai would be there, the thought alone made me squirm.
~
While my family got dressed and ready I took an Uber to the stadium since I had to be there an hour beforehand to check in and find my seat.

When I arrived I immediately saw Jess standing in the check in line.

Her black gown was already on but not zipped up. and her hat was in her hands. She was wearing a tight light blue dress that came a little passed her knees, but had a slit on the side that showed more of her leg. Her hair was down and straightened, and the closer I got I noticed how beautiful her make up looked.