64

My entire body ached so badly I was convinced I was dying.

Maybe Arturo gave me too much Wolfsbane and I was dying, maybe he had broken a rib and it punctured something. Who knows.

But the idea of dying was no longer scary for me. At least this way I wouldn't have to go with them. Kai could move on knowing I wasn't a prisoner under Ezekiel and Arturo and he'd never have any ties to them since I was gone. He'd be safe.

I began to feel at peace. Until a loud thump pulls me from my half awakened state.

It was the door. It was flat on the ground, and Elaine and Anna stood on top of it as they scaled the dark room.

"Lilith!" The both screech when they see me laying on the bed.

"What are you doing here are you insane?" I push out as they make their way towards me.

"Elaine watch the door" Anna says as she walks to me and grabs my face in her hands.

"We're gonna get you out of here. I promise." She states and then releases the hold on my face and starts to tug at the chain on my ankle.

Tears fall from my eyes at the sight of her. As awkward as I felt from them being nude, I knew it was because they had shifted so it didn't bother me as much as before.

She grips the chain that was on my leg, and her knuckles go white and the veins in her neck pop as she finally pulls the chain from the ground.

"Someone's coming" Elaine whispers right as Anna is about to pick me up a loud thump catches our attention. Elaine has shifted and is fighting against a black wolf I know is Arturo.

Anna immediately shifts and lunges at the two wolves that have now blasted a huge hole in the wall beside them knocking them into the next room.

I try my best to lift my body up but I'm barley able to. I needed to shift. I concentrated as hard as I could but nothing but agonizing pain occurred.

Anna's wolf howls and Elaine's wolf turns to me.

She quickly shifts back and runs to me then scoops me into her arms and carries me out of the room.

"No! He'll kill her Elaine please!" I scream as I fight against her hold.

"I need to get you out of here." She says out of breath as she runs down the hall, but we're both tackled.

I go flying against a wall and Elaine lands on the ground but immediately shifts.

A larger brown wolf holds Elaine down, and a sickening laugh comes from behind the two of them.

I remain on the ground, following the laugh with my blurry vision.

"You know. I have to admit. I thought we'd be out of here before your army could infiltrate. Color me impressed."

Ezekiel comes into vision from behind the two wolves with his hands behind his back.

He took a quick glance at the blood that coated my jeans and shook his head and clicked his tongue against his teeth three times.

"You know it only serves you right. If you were raised under me you wouldn't have turned into such a puta." He remarks. "Having a child out of wedlock." He scoffs.

I chuckle bitterly. "And rape is somehow okay under your ruling?" I ask with anger in my tone.

His face drops and he takes 3 long strides to my body on the ground and squatting beside me. He harshly grabs my face in his hands and makes me look him in the eyes.