15

It was a hot Wednesday afternoon. My parents were at work, Abuelita was napping, Jr. was at a friends house for the day and it was just Phoebe and I lounging around doing nothing. I wanted to hang out with Kai today but he was busy planning the ball he invited me to.

I knew I should probably go dress shopping soon but part of me was hoping Kai would un-invite me. As much fun as it sounded I wasn't comfortable going somewhere that required a ball gown.

"Can you take me to the mall today for David's gift? His party is next weekend" Phoebe says nudging my leg with her foot.

"Yeah sure" I say. Maybe I should dress shop with Phoebe. She did help with my graduation dress I'm sure she can find something for me.

"Will you help me find a dress for the ball?" I ask looking at her.

She beams at me, her smile so wide it looks painful. "I thought you'd never ask!" She squeals and jumps up from the couch.

"Let's go lets go let's gooo" she says tugging on my arm.

"What about Abuelita?" I ask finally standing up on my own.

"She's napping, I'll leave a note" Phoebe says going to the bedroom and coming back with both of our purses.

"I left the note on her nightstand next to her glasses" she says slipping on a pair of flip flops.

I walk over to the bedroom to grab my shoes and when I come back Phoebe is already eagerly standing by the door.

"Shall we?" She says dramatically pointing out the door with both hands.

I laugh and shake my head and grab my keys from the hook by the front door.

"We shall" I say in the same voice as we walk out the door.
~
"Lilith, don't knock it till you try it on come ooooon" Phoebe whines from the other side of the dressing room door.

She had handed me very revealing black dress. It had a deep v-neck and a long slit up the side of the dress. Sure it was gorgeous but I didn't even have the boobs for it.

"Please please please" she whines again.

I sigh and start to slip on the dress without saying anything. She knew I was trying it on though, I heard her giggle.

Once I put it on I asked her to come in and zip it up. We both stand in the floor length mirror, Phoebe beaming at me. I frown as I mess with the chest portion of the dress and look up at Phoebe in the mirror.

 I frown as I mess with the chest portion of the dress and look up at Phoebe in the mirror

"Why'd you get all the boobs" I say still adjusting it.

"Why'd you get all the ass" she remarks back and slaps my butt hard.

"Ow mother fu-"

"Shhhh! We're in public!" She jokingly whisper screams.

I roll my eyes and turn to my side staring at the mirror. I did like the dress. The material was comfortable, the only thing that had me questioning after long deliberation was the slit on the side that showed a lot of leg.