26

"No, absolutely not" Kai says immediately.

"Kai he threatened us" I state trying to keep my voice calm, but I wanted to yell at him till he listened.

Elise, Damien, Kai, and I were all sitting in his parents study at their house. Kai and I just finished telling Elise and Damien about the man following me. They were a little disappointed that I told him about everything but once I explained I was being followed, they seemed to ease up.

I had just finished explaining what happened yesterday and Kai was livid I didn't tell him sooner, but what could he have done 50 miles away?

When I told them Arturo told us to call off the investigation Kai immediately shut me down. I knew he would though, now I just hoped Elise and Damien wouldn't.

"I'm going to have to agree with Kai" Damien says with a strong tone.

I look to Elise who looks like she's sympathizing with why I want them to call it off, but she shakes her head at me.

"What will happen to you if we do? You're Kai's mate and now part of this pack and we protect our own" she says trying to get me to understand.

What they don't understand is none of this is worth it if any of them get hurt, or any of my family.

I sigh and stand to my feet.

"I need a minute" I say angrily and walk out of the study.

I heard Kai move to get up, but I heard Elise tell him to wait.

The Micheals house was beautiful. It was a simple suburban home like my family's, but the inside was decorated perfectly. Makes sense considering their business.

I walked down the hallway and went out their back door. They had a small porch in their backyard with a swinging bench. I took a seat and tried to calm myself down, as hot as it was outside I felt like I couldn't breathe inside.

After everything I told them I hoped I'd at least have Elise and Damien on my side, but now I have no one.

"My family just wants to protect you" I hear a voice beside me. It was Tyler. Where the hell did he come from?

"How did you-"

"Good hearing remember?" he says with a small smirk.

"So you know and understand everything that's happening?" I ask carefully. I didn't want to taint someone else's kid with adult drama. Well, adult werewolf drama. Tyler smirks and nods.

"I just don't want any of you getting hurt because of me." I say feeling defeated.

Tyler sighs and takes the seat next to me.

"Try to reverse the situation, if someone was after Kai would you stop looking into it?" He says looking at me intensely.

He has a point. I'd fight for Kai, but he was worth it.

"He would be worth it" I state simply.

He rolls his eyes at me. "I don't think you understand the mate bond and realize the things my brother would do for you." He says matter of fact.

I chuckle lightly when I  remember yesterday morning when Kai said the same thing, that I didn't understand. Maybe I say I understand but I really don't.

"I think once you mate you'll understand." He says reassuringly.

I groan when he says that. "I'm not talking about mating with my boyfriends brother" I say.

Tyler bursts into laughter. "You're more of a child than me" he says between laughs.

"This werewolf thing is just weird" I say shaking my head and laughing uncomfortably.