55

It was the last day of training before Kai and I would be leaving for the event in Alice.

Since the night Jr. ran out of the house, the house had been at a silent stand still.

My mom wasn't speaking to me, my dad wasn't speaking to her, Phoebe and Jr. have spent almost ever day all day out of the house with my Abuelita, and I've been hiding out at the gym even when I wasn't training with Alyssa.

I knew I needed to take it easy, but I couldn't sit still and I definitely couldn't sit still at home.

The dynamic of the entire household is wrecked. No one was talking to each other about the massive elephant in the room.

"Where's your head today?" Elaine asks as she once again pins me to the mat. "You had this down a few days ago."

Elise would be furious with me right now.

"Everywhere" I mutter as I stand to my feet and position myself for another round.

"Why don't you take a break." Elaine says giving me a small smile and exiting the ring.

I sigh and wipe the sweat from my forehead and follow behind, but go straight for the punching bags.

"I said take a break Salinas!" Elaine calls from the other side of the gym.

Alyssa gives me a pointed look. She knew about the baby now. Elise thought it would be best she knew so I wouldn't be pushed to hard and harm myself or the baby. Elaine didn't know, but she knew something was off about me when Alyssa hadn't been pressing me so hard.

I stop my hits against the bag and take a seat on the benches.

Kai would be here soon, he had some last minute things to do with Damien before we left tomorrow so he would be missing training today. Hence why Elaine was here, who has shockingly become someone I'd consider an acquaintance. Sort of like a work friend. I enjoyed her company because she didn't talk about feelings. Like everyone else in my life right now.

I was slowly getting tired of the constant questions if I was okay, or how I was feeling. I knew they came from a place of love and concern, but Elaine doesn't ask those questions. For example today. She asked where my head was, not what was wrong.

"Ready to go again?" She asks, suddenly appearing beside me.

Damn. Where was my head today.

"Yeah let's go" I say standing to my feet and following her to the ring.

We take our stance, and Alyssa stands off to the side with a whistle in her mouth.

At the sound of the whistle Elaine immediately throw a punch towards my face.

Have I mentioned we're no longer using gloves? Yeah. This week has been hard.

I dodge her hit and reach my hand out and grab her forearm and twist it around mine so she was tangled in my hold.

I wrap my leg around the back of hers so her knee bends and hits the mat. When she falls, I flip myself around and place my free hand on the back of her neck and shove her down so she's face down in the mat and my arm firmly grabbing her wrist.

With the one hand she can move, she taps out.

"There she is!" Elaine exclaims once I release her from my hold.

I smile and role my eyes at her.

"That was hot"

I immediately turn my head to the voice I recognized as Kai.