12

It was now the morning of my party. It started at around 3 and I had 7 hours to mentally prepare myself.

Most of my family ended up staying at a hotel so we'd be able to get the house ready for everyone, Jess drove into town a little late last night, and we stayed up most of the night talking about Kai. She had asked how I was doing with the incident from a few weeks ago and I told her the truth, I didn't want to know, and I didn't want anyone else but her to know. She was a little upset I didn't want to further investigate the issue, especially since the man said he'd see me soon.

She mentioned that Kai popped up right after the incident but I told her Kai was a perfect gentleman and there's no way he was the man. She questioned it for a while but eventually stopped pushing.

I was helping my mom clean up around the house and moving furniture around so there would be enough walking space for the mass amount of people that would be here in a few hours.

At around 1:30 I decide I should probably get dressed. I didn't want to wet my hair so it could stay straight but Phoebe pressed me to keep my natural curls.

"I only straightened it so your hat would fit, your curls are cuter" she had said. After my shower she said she would help me style it so it wouldn't frizz up so much like it usually does. I can't believe I'm an adult asking my baby sister to dress me up, but we all have our strengths I guess.

After my shower Phoebe put a LOT of product in my hair to keep my curls soft and intact. She didn't do as much make up as yesterday, but it was still enough for me to feel like I did yesterday up until I put my dress on again.

Instead of heels I wore plain white flip flops since we'd just be home, those heels killed me yesterday and I wasn't down to suffer again today.

Once I was dressed it was almost 3 and a few of my family members were already here helping my mom set out the food.

I walked around saying hi to everyone who was already here, all of my tias gawking at the way I was dressed. Surprisingly I didn't see many silent looks of disapproval.
~
By 5 most of my family had arrived, and I was sitting at the outside patio with Phoebe, Jess, and my cousins and I was buzzed like a mother fucker.

My Tia Celine showed up about an hour ago with a good sized bottle of Don Julio and we've been taking shots since she arrived. I didn't drink a lot but when I did it was always in a safe space and it was in large quantities.

I admit I was a little upset Kai hadn't arrived yet and I wondered if he'd even show up. I was in the middle of taking another shot with Jess, Celine and a few of my other cousins when I heard my mother calling me.

"Mija Kai is here!" Shit.

I slam the glass down along with everyone else and shake my head, my face twisting from the taste. I really should've grabbed a lime to chase it.

I look over and sure enough there he is, standing behind my mother with a small box in his hands wrapped in light blue wrapping paper and a white bow.

The way he was looking at me was intense, like he was ready to jump over my mom and grab me any moment.

I stare at him taking in his styled hair, his strong muscles fighting the black button up shirt he was wearing. He looked gorgeous, and my buzzed state of mind had no issue checking him out until I saw the smirk that rested on his lips. I blush now aware I am actually checking him out in front of my family, the buzz no longer giving me confidence.

"Hey!" I smile and stand up walking to him. Good thing I skipped out on those heels.

I introduce him to Jess and Phoebe who give me a look that basically says "you bagged a super model"