5

My last day at the restaurant was sort of emotional. I had put my two weeks at the restaurant right before the incident and I knew in that moment I was gonna miss this place. Mostly Maggie and Stevie who played a mother and brother role for me while I was away from my family. I knew I would definitely need to make time to visit them when I could.

I was helping the new guy Jace, who was going to replace me as a waiter, bus a few tables before my last shift ended when I suddenly smelled that same scent the night I blacked out. Only this time it was stronger and I couldn't take my focus away. I looked all around the room and somehow my eyes landed on the same man from that night who kept staring at me. Is it him that smells this way? This can't be a coincidence, and how the fuck can I smell him when he's 20ft across from me.

We made eye contact again and I started to feel this tingling feeling all over me. He slowly made his way across the restaurant and the smell continued to intensify. What if he was the guy who took me home? The thought leaves my mind when he approaches.

"Hello" he says when he finally makes it to me.

I didn't realize I was standing there like a dumbass staring at him the entire time.

I had to crane my head slightly just to look him in the eye. He is stupid fucking tall like the way Jess described the man from that night...

"Hi" I say breathlessly.

"Hey Lilith I'm gonna head back to the kitchen..." I turn around and meet the confused eyes of Jace. "Um yeah okay" I say nodding and watch him walk away, dreading the fact that I had to turn around and talk to this jolly green giant behind me.

"Is there something I can help you with sir?" I ask in my best customer service voice. He gives me a small smirk that for some reason made my stomach do a flip. He really is gorgeous isn't he. "I was wondering if you'd be free for dinner some time? My names Kai, Kai Micheals" he says extending his hand for me to shake. I cautiously reach my hand out to take his and a warm feeling runs through my body. I felt him sort of stiffen by my touch and I pulled away. He now looked like he was holding something back, and his eyes were a deeper shade of the golden brown I had noticed earlier.

"And you are?" He asks with that returning smirk. I feel like I just met two different people.

"Lilith Salinas" I say still captured by how beautiful his eyes were.

"So Ms. Salinas, would you care to join me for dinner tonight?" He asks with a small smile.

Who the hell is this guy. "I can't actually. I will be leaving town this evening."

He looks at me with a slight frown, and for some reason my big mouth opens again and explains to this stranger my current situation.

"I was a college student here, and today's actually my last day here and I'm heading back home this evening." He really didn't need to know that.

"Oh really? Where are you from?"

"Houston" I blurt out without even thinking I'm giving a total stranger my life story.

"Oh really? That's where I'm from!" He exclaims with a wide smile. "I am actually just here on business.

"Wow that's so cool" I say with an awkward smile.

"I'm from the south side, you?" He asks

"Yeah me too" I say wearily. I won't say specifically where since south houston itself contains so many small parts.

"Well maybe we could get together some time?" He asks with a hopeful tone which was different than his cocky smirk from earlier.

He pulls out his wallet and hands me a business card.