34

Kai's family was the first to finish walking the whole exhibit, when they came back to the room I had butterflies in my stomach. I knew my family wouldn't be far behind.

Sure enough I hear Jr. coming down the hall and enter the room, followed by my mother, Abuelita, Phoebe, and my Dad.

"Elise, Damien this is my family" I say as they all approach. "Mom, dad. This is Elise and Damien Kai's parents" I add.

Kai stands to my side and gives me a reassuring smile.

"It's so good to finally meet you all! Your daughter is an amazing woman" Elise says taking my mother's hands in hers.

My mom smiles and looks over at my dad.

"Thank you so much, I'm Alexandria, this is my husband Julio" she says releasing Elise's hand and placing her hand on my dads back.

"Hello" my dad says shaking hands with both Damien and Elise.

"This is my mother Maria" my mom then says stepping aside for my Abuelita.

"Hello" she says shaking hands with the both of them.

"And this is our daughter Phoebe and Julio Jr." my mom says.

"Phoebe you look just like your sister, beautiful!" Elise says grabbing Phoebe's hands.

"Thank you" she blushes.

"This is our son Tyler and our daughters Angelique and Maya."

"Twins!" Phoebe says excitedly.

"Twins and total opposites" Kai says laughing.

"Shut up Kai!" Maya says.

"Tyler you remember Phoebe" Kai says with a teasing tone in his voice.

"Fondly" Tyler says sending a wink to Phoebe.

I punch his shoulder which causes Jr. and the girls to start laughing. Of course Phoebe just stands their blushing.

"Y'all stress me out" I mutter. Kai only laughs and rubs my back.

Our parents talk for a while, and the kids go off and look at more of the pieces downstairs with Tyler and Phoebe.

"Should we be leaving them alone?" I ask Kai when they walk downstairs.

"They'll be fine" he says reassuringly.

"Hmm heard that before" I joke.

Kai laughs and shakes his head at me. "So which artist were you talking about earlier in the other room?"

"Oh her names Jane, she's the one that had that glitchy rose piece. God I loved that piece." I say thinking about it.

Kai smirks and hugs me closer. "Yeah it was a nice piece huh?" He says with a mischievous grin.

"What did you do?" I ask accusingly.

"Why do you assume I did something?"

"I can see it on your face!" I say poking at his cheek.

"I didn't do anything leave me alone." He says dramatically looking away.

"Yeah whatever" I say chuckling at his response.

"Mind coming over there with me? I wanted to give her my number" I say.

"Yeah let's go" Kai says with a smile as we walk to the other room.

"Hey Jane!" I call.

Her back was facing me, but when she turned around I saw she was talking to another woman.