6

After the longest 2 hours of my life we finally pulled into our modest suburb home. It was a 4 bedroom house, one room for my parents, one that I shared with Phoebe since we were kids, my grandma in one and my brother in the other.

The house was all rustic brick on the outside, we had a small front yard but a pretty decent sized backyard.

When we walked in the smell of my mother's homemade enchiladas filled my nose. "LILITH!" I hear Phoebe yell from the couch in our living room. She jumps up and runs into my arms. "I missed you so much and I have sooo much to tell you" she says eagerly and pulls away from our hug.

"We'll talk about it later" I say laughing.

"Where's Jr. and abuelita?" I ask looking around.

"She went to pick him up from soccer" my dad says waddling in with a few of my boxes in his arms.

"You girls feel like helping out?" He says laughing and dropping the boxes to the floor. Phoebe and I chuckle and head outside to grab my suitcases and last few boxes.

Once we finished up my grandma and Jr. arrived.

"Lily!" My brother yells when he walks in the house. When he was a kid he couldn't pronounce Lilith to save his life so he started calling me Lily. I didn't mind it too much I thought it was cute. He can pronounce my name now obviously but he still likes to call me Lily.

When he reaches me I grab him in a tight hug. "Are you done with school now?" He asks when we pull away.

"Yes buddy I'm done" I say smiling and ruffing up his hair. He pushes me away and pats down his hair.

"Guys the enchiladas are almost done go wash up!" My mom calls pulling the large pan from the oven.

"Is someone else coming by?" I ask looking at the big pan of enchiladas, usually she only makes this much if we have more guests.

"Nope! This is just going to be dinner for the next few days" she said with a smile.

I laugh and shake my head. She does the same thing with spaghetti.

After we all wash up we sit at the dining table digging in.

"So when's the ceremony?" Phoebe asks.

"June 13" I say with a mouth full of enchiladas.

"Ooooh we need to get you a dress" she says excitedly.

"I'm not wearing a dress" I say with a small laugh, "I haven't worn a dress since prom and I don't plan on wearing one again till I get married, IF I can find a sucker to marry me"

Phoebe punches my arm "shut up"

I laugh and shove her back. She hates when I say bad things about myself.

"Well regardless of what you wear I think it would be sweet to get you something new for graduation" my mom says.

"Mom you don't have to..." I trail off. Our family struggled for a while when Phoebe and I were kids. I know my parents were okay now but I'm still weary about them dropping money on me for something pointless. Especially when I had plenty of clothes already.

"I'll wear what I wore to my high school graduation or something" I say waving it off.

"Oh no the hell you aren't" Phoebe says.

"Language" my dad says nodding towards Jr. who was giggling at the use of the word hell.

"What was wrong with my outfit?" I ask

"Nothing was wrong with it but all your graduation photos are gonna look the same. We won't be able to tell the difference between high school and college duh!"