29

I was roaming the isles of target trying to find something for two twelve year old girls that I knew very little about. I feel like I have a good idea about who Tyler is and what he's like. I mean shit he's already looking to me as a sister, but I have yet to grasp who Maya and Angelique are and what they're interested in.

I knew for a fact Maya was a social goofball and Angelique was a little quieter, but I could tell she was very witty just like Maya. But what the hell do they like?

I wanted to bring Phoebe for this but she's currently not talking to me. When I came home last night she was already asleep, or pretending to at least.

After about 20 minutes more of shopping with no actual direction, I decided to make them a little art pack.

Both of the girls seemed pretty interested in the art gallery I was doing, and when I showed them my paintings I knew something sparked their interest.

I decided to grab them each a sketchbook, two small canvases each and some simple pencils, paints and brushes. I could probably just grab a cute box and wrap it all up for them.

I liked my idea I just hoped they'd like it too.

I strolled around a little longer trying to kill some time. The party was at 3 and I left the house dressed to go a little over an hour ago, truth is I didn't want to be home. I didn't want to talk to my mom or Abuelita about what happened and I knew I'd have to if they knew Phoebe and I were fighting. At least if I was out of the house they wouldn't see or feel the tension.

I paid for the items and made a make shift gift wrapping station in the trunk of my car, I'm sure I looked strange but I was at least parked further in the back of the parking lot where there weren't too many cars passing by. Once I was done I loaded up and headed for Elise and Damiens house.

When I got to the street I knew I probably should have shown up earlier, their street was already littered with cars, and I was starting to get nervous. I hope it didn't take too long to find Kai in the crowd.

I finally found a spot to park a little bit of a ways down the road and I followed the crowd to the door.

When I walked in there were so many people. Definitely my graduation party times two.

I walk into the house and go straight for the kitchen hoping to find Elise or anyone.

"Lilith!" I hear two small voices from behind me.

I turn around and a few feet away are the girls in the living room.

They rush up to me with wide smiles aiming at the two wrapped boxes I had for them.

"Hey girls happy birthday!" I say crouching down to give each of them a hug and a gift.

"Thanks Lilith!" Maya says with a wide smile.

"Thank you" Angelique says shyly.

"You girls know where I can find Kai?" I ask looking around.

"With dad, he's hosting a meeting" Maya whispers in my ear.

"With who?" I say lowering my voice.

"All the leaders, that's why there's so many people" Angelic says.

"I thought Kai wasn't a leader yet?" I ask confused. He said he wouldn't be one till we mated, and it would be both of us as leaders.

Wow I hadn't actually processed that till now, I'm going from regular human to pack leadership in a span of a month.

The girls only shrug, but we move out of our hunched quiet position when I hear a cough behind me.

"Tyler!" I say with a smile.