After Dark (2)

--chapter 2--

Jordan

Wow! What a night! Just walking home from a great time at Rona's house. She had a party, scratch that, she's having the party. I left early, and it's twelve in the morning. So maybe the party will go on though on to the night. 

I have to walk quite a distance, so I'll cut through the woods. This is the problem with living on the reservation. All the great, interesting things happen in Forks, so we have to go there to get some excitement in our lives. 

I'm heading to Seth's house. He's my brother, sort of. His father was my guardian for a few years before he had Leah and Seth, and our mothers are surprisingly close friends. I always feel creeped out walking in these woods. So dark and eerie. Makes you want to shudder by the thought of it. But I decide to take the risk in order to get to Seth's house faster. 

Have you ever had the feeling that you were being watched? Because that's what I feel right now. It's kind of creepy, but I'll continue on. 

I hear the crackling of dry leaves behind me. I quicken my pace. The noise grows louder. I start to run. I run for about two minutes. The noise has stopped. I breathe out a sigh of relief. Then something grabs me. I'm not sure what it is. 

It looks like a human, a girl, but it has the strength of twenty wolves. It pushes me back against a huge tree. It's eyes are a fiery crimson red while its skin is hard and cold. It had long hair flowing down its back, I couldn't tell the colour because it was pitch black outside.

"What d-do y-you want?" I asked, stammering because of both the cold and fright.

"Blood." With that simple word, she lowered her head towards my neck. 

A sharp pain filled my body and I felt my blood rushing towards my neck. The second I couldn't feel both my legs, I knew I was going to die.

Bye Mum, Seth and Leah.

Dad, I'll join you in heaven in a few moments.

*****